Chapter 10 - "I like her, Kit, let's keep her!" - Molly

The Amazon Rainforest was hot. Donald Duck was so dehydrated that he was starting to see things. He could have sworn he saw Huey, Dewey, then Louie playing nearby in the bushes, and the trees playing hide and seek. Della noticed Donalds condition and quickly got out a bottle of water from her backpack and handed it to him. Donald drunk the whole twelve ounce bottle within five seconds while Scrooge, Mrs. Beakly, and Gyro were studying their surroundings.

"There's nothing here!" Gyro exclaimed irritably. He glanced over at B.O.Y.D who was looking down at the ground and twirling his fingers, avoiding Gyro's stare. "B.O.Y.D why did you send us here?" He asked, as gently and calmly as he could.

"I, I don't know. But -." B.O.Y.D stopped when he heard rustling from the bushes. He quickly turned into combat mode just as two figures emerged, all dirty and covered in twigs and leaves. Gyro, Scrooge, and Mrs. Beakly stared at the two bears that were one looked no more then six-years-old while the other one no older then their own kids.

The girl had blue ribbons tied into bows around her ears, and she wore a pink short sleeved polo shirt. in a pink jumper and the other one wore a blue cap, a long sleeve sweater, and had a look on his face that seemed to remind Scrooge of a very determined Dewey.

"You lads lost?" Was the first thing Scrooge asked after seeing the young girl's tear stained face.

"Looks like it doesn't it?" The boy snapped. He glanced at all the grown-ups until his eyes landed on B.O.Y.D who hadn't let up his guard. "Mind telling your drone buddy to back off?" He asked. Not taking his eyes off him.

"It's okay, B.O.Y.D." Gyro told him.

B.O.Y.D blinked and slowly took a step back.

He had no idea what why his programming lead them here. Could these two be the reason? If so why and how?

"Okay, we did our part, now, mind telling us who you two are?" Mrs. Beakly asked in a kind warm voice. She glanced over at Donald and Della who was still tending to her brother.

"I'm Kit, this is Molly." The boy; Kit, said introducing himself. Della finally looked over at them and when she saw Molly her eyes lit up and a smile slowly spread across her face.

Without thinking she rushed up to the little girl, Kit putting his arm around in front of Molly protectively but that didn't stop Della from picking up the little girl and swinging her around in her arms. Molly screeched and giggled.

"You are just so adorable!" Della exclaimed, hugging the girl.

Kit stared at them while Molly looked back at him as she hugged Della back.

"I like her, Kit. Let's keep her." She said.

"No." Kit told her, glaring at Della who slowly put her back down. "We have enough to deal with already, what with Baloo gone missing and Sheer Kan on our tail..."

Molly stuck out her lower lip and pouted as she went slowly back over Kit.

"I wonder." Gyro said, "If those coordinates were a distress beacon." He said, eyeing the two bear cubs.

"Don't look at us." Kit said. He grabbed Molly's hand and gripped at it tightly. "We don't even have our plane to send a distress beacon." He told them.

"Plane?" Launchpad asked, his ears perking up. "I'm a pilot." He told them.

Everyone rolled their eyes.

"We know!" They all said at the same time.

That caused everyone to laugh. It felt good to laugh for once. Considering the situation everyone was in. Kit and Molly looked at each other confused, not really getting the joke.