Chapter 5

" amy... Amy... AMY!" I shook my head a jumped up. I rubbed my eyes to see a face grinning at me. I focused my eyes to see Neville . I slapped his face lightly before realising it was starting to become night.
" what?" I huffed he grabbed my hand and stood me up.
" well I came down to do some extra herboligy research and you were sleeping. I didn't want other  people to see you asleep." He smiled.
I looked at him and rolled my eyes.
" alright, thanks Neville." I picked up my feet and started to turn to my room.
I turned and nodded before heading into the dimly lit room.

We were in transfiguration class now. I was sat with Luna. We were learning about animaji, basically wizards who can turn into animals at will. We also had to bring our pets to this lesson. So of course I brought Obie. I was sitting alone. Just me and Obie facing each other.
" okay class, now we are going to switch pets with you partners, and we are going to transform them into a different animal" miss said.
I looked shocked as I stared at Obie. No way! What if he gets stuck like that! But then I remembered, no one was next to me. I smiled.
The teacher noticed too, she sighed.
"I'm sorry miss raven. It seems no one is next to you" I faked a frown and opened my text book. Continuing to read .
It was all going great until he showed up. " sorry, excuse me miss. I've been sent here from the other teachers class" I turned my head to see a Hufflepuff. He was holding a book and a owl.
Mcgonagall looked over at him and raised a eyebrow.
" mr diggory? Take a seat right next to Amdromeda" my heart dropped. Are you kidding me?! I huffed before picked up Obie and placing him on my side.
" yes miss" the boy hurried and pulled out the chair next to me.
" oh and now you two can work together, the instructions are being drawn on your little chalkboard." She said smiling.
In the middle of us was a black chalk board with a while chalk drawing pictures or a cat trying into a owl.
I looked over at diggory and asked. " what year?" It was very blunt, and I think he was surprised I said anything.
" I'm sorry- what?" He stuttered.
I rolled my eyes and looked into his.
" how OLD are you?" I watched as his eyes circles around.
" I'm 17" he muttered. I opened his book and turned to page 107. He nodded at me as a thanks.
" since your 17 are you going to go into that triwizard tournament thing?" I asked laying Obie flat, I hated doing spells in him. I know it didn't cause him pain but I still hated it.
" I think my friends want me to do it more than them" he chuckled placing the owl down next to Obie. I watched as he took the information on the book into his head, over and over again.
" ready?" I asked. He nodded. We both recited the spell and flicked our wands.
And like that Obie was a owl. A barn owl, the one that diggory just had. Me and him smiled proudly at each other.
" wow! Never thought ferrets were so cute until this" he petted the once owl now ferrets head.
" what's your name by the way?" I asked smiling.
" Cedric, Cedric diggory" his voice was calm and friendly. But he sounded confident in a way I cannot pin point.
As mcgonagall came round each table she saw ours and gave us a rewarding nod.
" can I have my ferret back now Cedric" I chuckled.
" not before I know your name, Amdromeda raven. What do people actually call you" he raised a eyebrow before smirking.
" well most people call me Amy" I said petting Obies head. Feeling his feathers between my nails.
" Ok then. Amy. May I have my owl back?" We both laughed.

Me and him walked to my next lesson together. We were standing around 20 metres from Hagrids hut.  We had talked this whole way, learning so much about each other. Like how he was at the quidditch championship when the death eaters attacked, and I told him how my dad was a muggle and worked on selling things.
" your great Amy. We would be good friends." He smiled at me placing one arm on my head. I grabbed his hand and raised it down gently.
" are we not already" he laughed at my statement.
" not just yet. Soon" and with that. Mr Cedric diggory walked away from me, preforming a silly dance on his way back to the castle. I chuckled.
" bye mate!" I shouted. I the day around before having my bag knocked out of my hand. " Hey! Watch where your go- oh it's you" I sneered. It was the blonde boy. " who even are you? I've been friends with the victims of your bullying but not once have they mentioned your pathetic name"
His face grew red. His eyes lit with anger. " PATHETIC!" He saw Obie on the floor smelling a flower and grabbed him by his neck.
" this ferrets pathetic! I could easily snap his head clean of!"
I gasped, Obie was hanging from his grasp, gasping for air.
" get your hands off him!" I went to push him forward before his big friend tugged me back.
" come near me I dare you!" He laughed, shaking Obie.
Tears began to swell in my eyes. " please, please just let go of him" I pleaded as the other Slytherin held my hand back. I locked eyes with Obie. He looked back at me, and like it wAs in slow motion, the boy squeezed harder on his neck, and Obies teeth dig so deep into his finger it reached the bone. The blood rubbing on Obies mouth.
" AHHH!" The blonde screamed.
The tug behind me lifted off.
" malfoy, malfoy!" He screamed.
I ran towards the boys fingers and pricked Obie off. As the blood dripped.
" you DISGUST ME MALFOY!" I screamed kicking his shin. Holding Obie close to my chest. Malfoy was close to tears.
" you will pay for this! Your ferret will be dead by next week!" He picked up his bag and ran off. Blood following him.
I watched for a moment then turned to Obie.
" Obie I'm so sorry. So so so sorry" Obie lifted his head and rested it on my shoulder. Like he was hugging me back. " let's go to the dorm instead" I said tears trickling down my face. I could see the mark on Obies neck.

If only Cedric stayed a moment longer...