Chapter 6

Me and Obie had ran back to the griffindor common room. We were sat in front of the fire and I was using a damp towel to wash blood from him.
" Amy! Amy!" I looked surprised when I saw seamus running towards me. He grabbed my hands and liked me up and down. " thank god! I thought that blood was yours" he sighed. He smiled before his grin faded, he was looking at Obie, still slightly stained.
" seamus. Obie bit malfoy." I let go of his hands and came back to Obie. " draco was strangling him. So Obie did what any sane person would do. But so deep Into that weasels, no offence Obie, that his tooth reached bone." I continued petting obies head.
" he's a dick anyway" his Irish accent making it somewhat he'd to understand.
" hey. Have you met cedric?" I asked. That boy I met stayed in my head. His eyes his hair, he was captivating.
" no not really. Proper popular boy. Almost everyone knows him." He laughed.
" I didn't. Couldn't of been that popular." I laughed.
He chuckled too. We both talked for a little while, about draco, Cedric, class, snape.
It was nice, being able to do that, speak without thinking. It was good. Obie has fallen asleep to our mumbling. And we both came up with the excuse of feeling poorly. I never realised how much friends mean to me.

" Neville!" I smiled. I ran up to him and walked with him, touching shoulders.
" oh hello Amy" he smiled. I followed him all the way to the great hall.
" look how many people are putting there names in" he huffed. I sniggered.
" it's a death sentence, I'm brave but I have a brain" I laughed. He did too.
I noticed Harry Potter and Ron standing around it. I smiled and waved. I hadn't spoken much to those two, and Hermione. She was reading a book.
" have you seen Luna recently?" I asked Neville.
He shrugged and sighed, " her and her dad decided to stay away from school for a couple years. Her dad has a 'strange feeling' about it."
My heart ached for a minute. I'm sure Luna was going to tell me, maybe in hagrids lesson.
" oh."
He patted my back and gave a comforting smile. I smiled back.
" hey- isn't that diggory? You and him were walk  together"
I large erupt of smiles and cheering came in. Clambers of boys with ties on there heads, and from the crowd came mr Cedric diggory.
He had been pushed into the circle, looking at the goblet of fire his face lit up with blue light.
He reached out his hand and dropped a piece of paper.
We all clapped in congratulations.
He looked over at me and smiled. I watched his mouth as he mouthed 'outside five minutes'. I nodded and chuckled before returning to Neville.
" yeah he's actually quite cool." I smiled. Me and him walked around the goblet of fire.
" I saw you and malfoy yesterday" he confessed. " I wanted to protect you. You protect me. But when you need me, I'm never there for you" he looked down at his shoes.
I looked up at him and noticed how he was truly sorry.
" Neville. It's okay. He's just... I mean- it would take a lot to stand up to him and his gang. And sometimes on your own is the best way." I smiled patting his back, as he did me.

Neville has gone to lessons dm I had a free period. So I had to meet up with Cedric.

I walked out of the cobblestone tunnel liek structure, with torches not yet lit hanging from the walls.
" hello Nik" I saved as the family ghost walked by. He waved back and disappeared upstairs.
" so mad you talk to ghosts" I heard a familiar snicker. It was Cedric, leaning against a arch his arms crossed.
I laughed and raised my eyebrow.
" Niks a good man what can I say?" I smiled hurrying up to him.
He lifted his body of the arch and we walked shoulder to shoulder.
" so why did you want to meet?" I asked flicking a leaf from my hair.I looked up to Cedric as his lips formed a thin line.
" well we haven't spoken since a couple nights ago, thought I'd chat with you again" he gave me a sideward glance smiling. " so, how was hagrids lesson" he continued.
My heart stopped for a moment, the thought of that night makes me sick.
" I didn't go. Draco" I sneered. He looked at me slightly confused.
" the malfoy kid? What about him" he asked. He lifted his arms into his pockets looking at me with slightly worried eyes.
" he's just horrid. No need to worry. He's sorted, bet he's never spoke to you." I looked up at him, Cedric faced forward. He shook his head.
I looked away from him, we were still walking. "Where are we going?" I asked.
" there." He pointed to a large tree. It wasn't the whomping willow, but it was a big shaded area from this rather hot air.
I nodded.
" I brought this" he had a chocolate frog in his hand. My lips formed a line, as I looked up at him with a eyebrow raised.
" does it have the charm? I can't eat it with it on?" He laughed at me, opening the box.
" I've eaten had of it" the chocolate frog was in fact half eaten.
I laughed as he shoved the chocolate frog into my hand.
When we came to the tree and picked it in my mouth and smiled as the warm chocolate melted.
" I just got some big dejavu." My mind raced to when I first got to Hogwarts on the train with Neville and picking up Obie.
Cedric places his elbows behind him and he looked ahead at the forest and lakes.
I faced the same way as him before I felt something.
I looked to the side to see his hand on my but he hadn't looked my way.
My hand went fuzzy, as a sudden vibration went through my whole body. My heart pounding.
I was staring down until,
" what?" Cedric smiled, his thumb wrapped around my fingers.
" Cedric... not right now ok?" I sighed. I removed my hand.
"Oh. That's ok. There's time." He smirked.
When I removed my hand I felt a surge of regret.
I liked his hand on mine, but I don't know if I wanted him.
He was a great friend. A brilliant one, good looks.
He was great but- what am I thinking?!
Of course I love him!