Chapter One

Regulus Black strode into the Great hall for breakfast, head held high. He glanced over at the Gryffindor table, where his brother Sirius sat next to his boyfriend Remus Lupin, and across from his best friend James Potter. Peter Pettigrew sat on the other side of Remus. Regulus shook his head and sat down at the Slytherin table. He looked at who he sat next to and groaned. It was Severus Snape, who was in the same year as his brother. Regulus didn’t really care for Severus, in fact he didn’t care for most people in Slytherin. But he had a role he had to play. He took a piece of toast. He wasn’t hungry. Well, he was never hungry, but especially today. He had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. He looked over at the Gryffindor table again. Sirius was laughing at something Potter had said. Stupid James Potter, taking his brother away from him. Not that it was his fault. Sirius had always strained against the rules that their parents gave them. He spoke up if he thought something was wrong, and purposely did things to anger their parents. It was only a matter of time until Sirius distanced himself from his family. Including his younger brother. Regulus still wanted someone to blame for Sirius leaving him, so he blamed James. It wasn’t hard to be annoyed with Potter. With him being Head boy, he got away with a lot. James was also a Quidditch star. His hair was messy, glasses were crooked as well as the mischievous grin he always wore. His hazel eyes sparkled with playfulness. Regulus was interrupted from his thoughts by the mail arriving. A large gray owl dropped a letter in front of him. He gulped. It had the Black family seal on it. His parents never wrote to him unless it was important. He opened it and read it. He felt the world spinning around him. ‘Oh no no no no…’ “To my precious son Regulus, Your Father and I have talked, and have decided that since you are sixteen now, you are old enough to serve the Dark Lord. Your cousin Bella will come to pick you up next Saturday to get your mark. We are so proud of you. Love, Mother.” Regulus felt like he was going to be sick. He stood up quickly and rushed out of the great hall. He locked himself in the nearest cleaning closet. He put his head on his knees and sobbed. He didn’t know why he was crying. He knew that this was coming. He should want this! He should want to make his family proud. So why did he feel like dying? Suddenly there was a knock on the door. “Regulus? I know you’re in there. Please come out and talk to me.” Regulus’ head shot up. Why did that voice sound so familiar? He made a choice to open the door. He unlocked the door and his eyes widened. Standing in front of him, looking worried, was James Potter.  

*Hello everyone! Welcome to my new story! I hope you enjoy!*