Chapter Six

James, Peter, Remus, and Sirius stepped out of Gryffindor tower and began the walk to the potions dungeon, where they would be serving detention.
Sirius and Remus were in front, holding hands, Peter was in the middle, and James was behind. It was unusually quiet between the four. James was caught up in his own thoughts. For some reason, he couldn't get the thought of how regal Regulus looked telling Snape off out of his head. Thinking back on it made James' heart flutter. 'What's wrong with me?' He thought. Even Lily Evans didn't make him feel like this. James was so confused, he didn't even realize that they had reached the dungeons. Sirius turned around, and gave his best friend a look. "Are you okay Prongs? You look like hell." James felt his face heat up. There was no way he could tell Sirius what he was thinking about. If Sirius thought James was seeing Regulus before, he couldn't imagine what he would say now if he knew that James was constantly thinking about his younger brother. James was the last to walk through the door, and stopped. Regulus Black was sitting in a seat closest to the door with a bored look on his face. He gave James a small smile and waved. James waved back. He sat next to Regulus, making sure that there was enough space between them. Professor Slughorn walked into the room, and smiled. "Professor Mcgonagall told me that you five would benefit from chopping up potion ingredients. You can leave in an hour and a half." He walked out of the room, and they got to work. James found it hard to concentrate on slicing ingredients, when the boy who made him feel things was right beside him. Regulus was talking to Sirius about how Snape wouldn't leave him alone. Sirius raised an eyebrow when he heard about that, but he didn't say anything. James turned toward Regulus and grinned. "I'm impressed Baby Black. Maybe there is hope for you yet." The other three Marauders laughed, and Regulus rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say Potter." The five of them worked in silence for the rest of the time. When it was time for them to leave, Regulus made sure No one was looking, and slipped James a note. James caught Regulus' eye, and was surprised to see him wink. James looked around. Sirius, Remus, and Peter were too busy packing up to notice anything. James quickly packed up, and waited for his friends. They said goodbye to Regulus, and walked up to the Gryffindor tower, chatting and laughing. Later that night, James looked at the note the Slytherin had passed him. It read. "Meet me in the library after dinner on Friday." James smiled to himself, and got ready for bed. He couldn't wait for Friday.