Chapter Five

It had been two weeks since Bellatrix left Hogwarts empty handed and Regulus was getting nervous. He hadn't heard from his parents yet, who were no doubt livid about their youngest rebelling. He anxiously sat at the end of the Slytherin table, nibbling on his nails. Biting his nails was the one habit he couldn't stop. He glanced over at the Gryffindor table and was surprised to find James Potter looking at him. James grinned and waved. Regulus timidly waved back. He strangely felt a little better, until he heard a hate filled voice speak behind him. " You're getting awfully close to Potter aren't you Black?" Regulus turned around. Severus Snape was standing there looking murderous. Regulus snapped.  "Why don't you mind your fucking business Severus. Why do you feel the need to make other people miserable? Is it because you have no empathy for those around you to the point where you called your only friend a mudblood?" Snape was silent. "That's what I thought. Leave me alone you greasy haired twat." Regulus felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around. It was Professor Mcgonagall. Regulus mentally scolded himself for losing his temper. Mcgonagall looked down at him through her glasses. "Come with me Mr. Black." Regulus nodded, and stood up. Eyes followed him as he walked between tables. He snuck a peek at the end of the Gryffindor table. James and Peter had their mouths open. Remus looked amused and Sirius gave him a thumbs up. Regulus suppressed a smile. That thumbs up meant the world to him right now. Professor Mcgonagall and he exited the great hall. She led Regulus to her office. Regulus felt like he couldn't breathe. He had never gotten into trouble at Hogwarts before, normally leaving mischief to Sirius. Mcgonagall took a seat behind her desk. Regulus sat down as well. The professor raised an eyebrow. "Now why would a normally quiet and well-behaved student suddenly want to cause a commotion? Regulus burst into tears. He was surprised at himself. He always suppressed any and all emotion and this was the second time he cried in a month. He was even more surprised when Professor Mcgonagall pulled him into a hug. He hugged her back, sobbing even harder. He had never been hugged before, and was kind of nice. He pulled away after a few minutes, and wiped his eyes. "I'm sorry Professor." Mcgonagall sighed. " Would you mind telling me what's wrong Mr. Black?" Regulus explained all that had happened in the last two weeks. As he talked, Professor Mcgonagall's lips got thinner and thinner. When he was done, she was silent for a minute. At last she spoke. "Mr. Black I am truly sorry about your parents. However, that does not excuse your actions in the great hall. I'm afraid I will have to give you a detention." Regulus nodded "I understand Professor." Mcgonagall looked close to smiling. "I keep forgetting how different you are than your brother. Speaking of which, you will be serving your detention with The other Mr. Black, Mr. Lupin, Mr. Pettigrew, and Mr. Potter." Regulus raised an eyebrow. "Why am I not surprised?" Professor Mcgonagall put her hand on his shoulder. "Take care of yourself Mr. Black."

*Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I kinda put all of my hate for Snape into this chapter. Sorry:)*