02

"𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖?"

𝕆𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕓𝕪 ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤𝟝𝟚

ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖

How come life was so unfair? 

Over 2280 years ago, you met your mother, Blue Diamond, on the planet earth. By then, you were still a normal human girl, before destiny struck and a Sapphire foretold your upcoming death. You were a fragile human girl back then, and you couldn't simply drop kick the illness that killed the master. 

So, White Diamond's resolve was to make you like them. 

A Diamond. 

Your hair, now a silvery blue, different from your original (H/C), blew in your face as you looked out off the ship. 

Yellow Diamond looked through her catalog of gems, searching through the names in her armies. "Yellow...?" You trailed off, looking out into space. 

"Yes? I'm kind of busy." She said, giving you a small side-eye before looking back at her logs. "When do you think I might be able to visit the Earth again?" 

"Really? This again? (Name), That planet is going to be wiped of the star maps soon enough." 

"That's exactly why I want to see it again, Yellow. Just to see what my home looks like now. Before the Geo-weapon destroys it all." 

"(Name), that planet is a poison to the Galaxy." She said. You knew she was just sour because that was where your cousin, her daughter, Minerva went missing, but you didn't want to say it out loud. After all, you missed your younger cousin too. 

You'd have to ask your mother about it later. 

Sighing, you waited until the ship docked at Homeworld. You'd fallen asleep on the way, and you found yourself in a strange dream. 

Everything was black, except for a curly-haired short boy with a reddish-pink shirt with a large yellow star on it. He was floating around, making a confused face until he saw you. In this dream, you were glowing blue and he was glowing pink.

Did that mean something? 

He looked like he couldn't stop floating, so he doggy paddled mid-air to get to you. "Hey you! you right there!" He said, "swimming" over to you.

"My dreams usually mean something, so I guess this is another "Rose" dream? Who are you?" He asked, trying not to float away. 

Calmly, you grabbed his ankle to keep him from floating to who knows where. "I'm (Name). What about you?" 

"O-oh me? I'm Steven! There's gotta be some kind of weird emotional gem reason you're in my dream, because I never get regular dreams, and it's really annoying sometimes." 

"Oh, well, I don't know who you are exactly. So I guess we both get weird dreams." You say. 

He looked at your half-exposed gem. And his eyes widened. "Whaaaaat? You're a gem? But you look like a human!" He said, poking you in the cheek repeatedly. 

"That's because I'm half-human. Stop that." You say, pulling his hand away from your face. "Half-human? You're just like me!" He said, pulling up his shirt to reveal a gem in his naval.

 "...I want to say something, but I don't know what to say." 

Steven, on the other hand, was all over himself with surprise and joy. "Oh my gosh! The gems said I was the only one out there! IS MY WHOLE LIFE A LIE?" He exclaimed, almost floating away, if not for you grabbing his ankle again. 

"What kind of gem are you, (Name)?" He asked, looking down at you. "A Diamond," you said. You saw him begin to freak out externally, making it difficult for you to hold him down. 

"Wah! (Name), your feet!" Steven exclaimed, looking downwards. You followed his eyes, noticing you were fading away from the feet. Looking at him, you calmly said, "the same thing is happening to your arms." 

Looking at his arms, Steven began to scream in panic. "There's too much going on! How are you so calm right now?" 

"Stop panicking. This is a dream. We are probably just waking up. Be calm-" You didn't get to finish your sentence, because you woke up in yellow's ship upon landing on Homeworld. 

"(Name), wake up. We're here." She said, holding out her hand so you could climb on her palm. You rolled from your spot onto her hand, holding onto one of her fingers as Yellow exited her ship, Pearl following close behind. 

Meanwhile, Steven was ranting to the gems about his dream.

"I saw her! She said she was half-human, like me!" He exclaimed, waving his arms around expressively. 

"Dude, it's not like we don't believe you, but that sounds like a load of Pfbt." Amethyst said, blowing raspberry at the end of her sentence. 

"Steven. It was just a dream. There are no other gems like you." Garnet said, 

"...None?"

"None." 

-----

Are you sure about that, Garnet? 

HEheheHEhHEHeheHEHEHehehHEH

I'll shut up now.