05

"𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖?"

𝕆𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕓𝕪 ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤𝟝𝟚

Oh, dear. 

Maybe you missed the life on Earth, but you hadn't been expecting to regret your unjust feelings towards it. You realized why the crystal gems protected this place...

...After watching your cousin roll around on the sand with a doughnut, seeing the birds fly by without a care, and all the nature you saw on your way towards the inclining gem signal beeping uncontrollably from Citadel's watch. 

The base of the Crystal Gems...

...Was appropriate for human conditions? 

Okay, so initially, you thought "Oh, well, that isn't my problem," and decided to drag Citadel back to your ship without causing a commotion, but no. The universe doesn't care about your feelings. So when you arrive, you see the crystal gems aggressively "inspecting" your ship.

And by "inspecting", I mean completely tearing it apart. 

"Oh god no." Citadel, still high on doughnuts mumbled, still seemingly able to know what pissed you off even when his brain cells were mushed together in the shape of a doughnut.

"Excuse me." You said. You're voice lost what was originally a calm, composed tone and turned into the voice of an ice-cold witch. 

The gems turned to look at you, and Steven poked his head out of your ship. 

The fusion summoned her gauntlets and the rest followed suit. "She must be the homeworld gem who came in on this ship!"  The Pearl practically screeched. It looked like you were gonna have to make someone cry until Steven got (fell) out of your ship. 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! (Name), is that you? Y-you were at the diamond trial!" He exclaimed. "I- I wanted to talk to you, but I couldn't-" He was going to finish when Garnet pulled her back. 

"Steven! Get away from her! She could be dangerous!" 

Citadel, having yet to regain sanity, stood up on wobbly legs. "My cousin ain't no dangerous! You're dangerous!" He said, pointing at them accusingly. "Go sit and play in the sandbox, Citadel. The adults are talking." You told him, waving him off. 

"Okie-dokie, you're the boss!" He said, pointing at nowhere. "To the sandbox!" He fell off the roof of the "car wash" you 'parked' on and passed out before even hit the floor. 

"Enough of that! Who are you?" Asked the Pearl, rather loudly. "My name is (Name) Diamond. I assume you are the infamous "Crystal Gems"?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. 

Your mother probably wouldn't mind if you had each and every one of them hung upside down and harvested for even thinking about touching your beautiful ship, and it was taking every ounce of patience you had in you not to do just that. 

"'Diamond'?" The short Amethyst echoed. "Naw, that ain't right! There are only four diamonds, right? I've never heard nothing about no (Name) Diamond!" 

"Well, she does have a blue diamond...and Steven knows her!" Said the Pearl.

You wished they wouldn't converse about you like you weren't there. 

"Yes, I do know her! And if you'd just let me talk to her, we could figure something out!" Steven exclaimed, gesturing to you. 

Garnet was about to oppose him when you spoke. "It's fine. I won't hurt any of you, under the expectation that you get someone to fix my ship, that you so elegantly decided to destroy." 

Steven laughed nervously, realizing you were correct and that it probably wasn't the best idea to wreck the ship just because they couldn't figure it out. 

"I-I think we have a lot to talk about." 

----

Wait, seriously? 
A short chapter after so long? Are you kidding me?