03

"𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖?"

𝕆𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕓𝕪 ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤𝟝𝟚

The Amethysts were great, but they obviously had no strategy when it came to fighting. 

You were sparring with them outdoors, going against three at a time. The rules were no magical diamond powers and no gem weapons. You didn't have a gem weapon, and they didn't have magical diamond powers, so it was even. 

So far she was winning, playing it smart was proving effective against those who relied of brute strength. 

"Okay, okay! You win, you win!" One of the Amethyst said. "Sorry, are you alright?" You asked, helping the one who spoke up. 

"Nah, we're cool. Those were some sweet moves, though! Where did you learn them?" Another one asked. "From someone I used to know." You say. 

Later, you swung your legs over your mother's shoulder triumphantly. Unlike your Aunt Yellow, Blue Diamond seemed to have a soft spot for the Earth- and would allow you to visit it again just to see how it ended up. 

However, before you would visit the Earth a trial was to commence. Rose Quartz, the rebel gem that had fought to save the Earth and shattered a member of the Diamond Authority to save it, and turned herself in. 

You had mixed feelings about the 'Rose Quartz' you read about. You were grateful she stopped your planet from being colonized by the space police, but you also kinda resented her for making it impossible for you to know your aunt. 

You were less sucked in by Yellow Zicron's case and was thinking more- "That's not Rose Quartz. That's not even a woman." And upon closer inspection, you realized that only was he not a woman, he was Steven, the bubbly kid from your dream. 

"So I guess this is another 'Rose Dream'? Who are you?" 

Was that what he meant by "Rose Dream"? That's what he meant! He isn't Rose Quartz, He's her son! Knowing this, you leaned back in your chair, as Blue Zicron presented her case. 

Long story short: Yellow Diamond threw a fit when Zicron accused one of the diamonds of being the one who shattered Pink Diamond. 

You saw the skinny human and Steven trying to make a getaway in your mother's Palanquin in all the distraction (which was two giant women arguing). 

Looking between the diamonds and the humans blankly, you slid off of your throne and landed lightly on the ground, walking -not running, walking- over to them. 

"Are you two trying to escape back to earth?" You asked, startling them. Steven seemed to remember you, but the human- Lars, as said- grabbed his arm and pulled him away. 

"I was just going to say that the warp pad is right over there- and they're gone." 

While they were falling off of a cliff and Yellow was saying "something something little speck you called earth something something something our would now", you realized that if Steven was Rose Quartz's son, why would he be here and not her, unless she wasn't alive? 

Steven openly claimed that he was Rose Quartz during the trial, yet he didn't know how Pink Diamond was shattered, meaning that if you were correct and Rose gave up her physical form to make him using her own gem, he didn't retain any of her memories. 

Rose Quartz may not be innocent, but as far as you were concerned, Steven was. So, you weren't going to tell the diamonds that you knew where they probably ended up. 

You sighed. 

"The warp was right there." 

---

I didn't remember what most of them said, so I kind of skipped most of the dialogue, but I think this chappy was pretty good! Sorry for the short chapter!