chapter 5: caught off guard

AN: hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated this in forever :/ I just haven't had the time or inspiration, I had most of this chapter in my drafts and I decided to open wattpad today.
I saw all of the nice comments I got on the last few chapters and that inspired me to finish this chapter.
I hope you enjoy!

Carol woke up the next morning, the sun shining against her face,
She sat up, sleepily rubbing her eyes. She got up, wrapping the blanket around herself as she looked out the window. It was a beautiful day in new york, well that’s what she thought.
Maybe it was beautiful because she was in a good mood, maybe not, all she knew was that she was feeling good today.

Valkyrie? She was definitely happy, for the first time in a long time she had a nice night, and a date with a beautiful girl and it worked out really well.
Usually her nights would consist of her going back to New Asgard, doing some chores, helping out a little and then going home to drink a lot and then go to bed.

The next morning she went to the docks and unloaded some of the crates, while she was lifting some of them Thor decided to sneak up on her.

“BOO!” he yelled.

And of course, Valkyrie’s instincts made her attack. She spun around and kicked him in the stomach, getting ready to fight but much to her surprise there was no threat at all… just Thor.

“Ow!” he groaned. “What in the name of Odin!?”

Valkyrie winced. “That’s what you get for sneaking up on me.”

  Carol made her way to the avengers facility, once she got there she was greeted by Rhodey. After having a quaint conversation she made her way to the changing room.
She put on a pair of shorts and a tank top, then she made her way down to the training room.
Once she got there she put on some hand wrap and went to the punching bags.
After about half an hour of training she sat down and took a break, when she saw a familiar face.

“Hey Carol.” Valkyrie said as she walked in.

The blonde smiled. “Hey Val” she said, curious of what the brunette's reaction would be to the little pet name.

“Oh so we’re using nicknames now, are we?” Valkyrie taunted.

Carol smirked. “Maybe we are…”

“Wanna fight?” The brunette challenged.

And just like that they got competitive.

Carol grabbed Valkyrie's arm but she protested her actions and stopped her by twisting her wrist and swiping her feet.
Carol got up quickly to Valkyrie's surprise, she stood ready for the next move and the brunette smirked, amused by the blonde's stubbornness.
She threw a fist at her but Carol easily blocked it with her arm, grabbing her wrist in the process.

Spinning Valkyrie around Carol held her with the warriors back against her in a choke hold.  "Are you ready to give up?" Carol questioned.

"Not a chance." Valkyrie said as she slid down and out of Carol's arms.
They fought with their fists and arms, Carol slowly backing up as they fought but much to her surprise there was a weight in the way causing her to trip and fall… bringing the brunette down with her.

With Valkyrie on top of her, Carol's face quickly became a dark shade of pink. The brunette on the other hand smirked at the situation, playing it cool even though deep down inside she was as embarrassed as Carol was.

"So what you're just gonna stare?" Valkyrie questioned and Carol blushed even more.

Usually Carol would be more cool about something like this but she couldn't help it, the woman above her was just so damn beautiful, she looked like a warrior goddess; which she was.

"Maybe I will… but who could blame me? You look like a goddess"
Carol laughed a little, that there made Valkyrie blush.
Carol smirked in response and Valkyrie got up, lending her a hand.

Once they were both on their feet again the brunette pulled her close, looking her in the eyes.

"So you think I'm cute?" Valkyrie asked and Carol gave her a smirk.

"Maybe…"

Valkyrie smiled "well, I think you're cute too..."

They both stood there, they didn't know for how long but that didn't matter.
All that mattered was them and this moment, staring into each other's eyes, talking...
Not through words but through emotions, Carol couldn't take it any longer she leaned in slowly and Valkyrie went the next step and connected their lips.

They shared a kiss of passion and opportunities, their relationship was new but they both had a good feeling about it. Carol wrapped her arms around Valkyrie's shoulders,
And Valkyrie had her hands in Carol's golden locks, enjoying how soft they were.

As the two were kissing Thor walked in…

He gasped and pointed at them. "I KNEW IT!" he yelled, startling the girls out of the moment, they both looked at him embarrassed.

"ROCKET I KNEW IT!" Thor yelled as he ran away giggling and Valkyrie sighed.

"This is why I can't go anywhere with him.." she said, embarrassed and disappointed.

"Yep…" Carol simply said, looking at the brunette.