⁶. ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵇᵒᵈʸ

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⁶ DEAD BODY

RUNNING INTO HER COUSIN'S ROOM, RORY'S HEARTBEAT QUICKENED, her hands starting to sweat, worry setting in her stomach. Some kind of blood-curling scream came from Lydia's room. It sounded like a shrieking creatures scream that you could often hear in horror movies, but... it was Lydia herself. Her cousin was screaming on top of her lungs, terribly shaking and moving around on her bed like a lunatic.

"Lydia!" Rory ran toward her, gripping her shoulders and shaking them, trying to get her to wake up and stop screaming.

"Rory!" The strawberry blond gasped out, green eyes wide, it seemed like Lydia didn't know where she was.

"It's okay! It's me. It's Rory." The Mars girl assured her, with her eyes wide, and no idea what just happened. But she softly ran a hand through her cousin's red locks, trying to soothe her and calm her down.

"My head hurts." Lydia breathed out after a minute or so while running a hand down her face, pushing Aurora's hands away, to which Rory frowned. It was often a habit of the Martin girl, not showing emotion or act like she doesn't care about any human being the minute someone tries to help her, but Rory accepted it, she knew that Lydia cared just hated slipping out of her dumb queen bee facade that she put on. Lydia reached to her desk, gripping the bottle of pain killers, only to find it empty.

She stood up from her bed, acting like she wasn't just screaming on top of her lungs like a minute ago, and Rory just sat on her cousin's bed like a dumbass not really knowing what to say or how to react as Lydia called out loud, "Mom, I'm going to the store." She took on her green jacket and let out a shaky breath, "Mom, do you hear me?"

The strawberry blond scoffed softly, then muttered in a low voice, but Rory heard everything, "Of course you didn't— you would have heard me screaming like a lunatic." Lydia looked outside of her window, the full moon shining brightly amongst the stars, a low mutter escaping her lips again,  "Lunatic."

Lydia glanced at Rory, who just waited for her cousin's explanation with her arms crossed, brows raised high. The Martin girl sighed gently, rolling her eyes along the way, before gesturing with her hand that Rory should follow her.

"Let me just grab my jacket, okay? And please can we start talking about what just happened?" Rory rambled while trailing after her cousin, "Because I'm freaking out."

"Yeah, I can't tell."

"Shut up, Lyds."

So apparently Lydia has no idea herself what happened and she doesn't really want to acknowledge it too, but Aurora doesn't question her further in the car because it clearly makes her cousin uncomfortable. Rory can ask questions later but now she just wants to make sure her cousin is okay and not in pain anymore, she can start thinking about what happened later and how to explain it.