Forgiveness

Forth's pov :

There Beam was. Laying in the bed which was now beautifully ignited by the golden hour.  He slept there quietly surrounded by physicians. various types of medicines were given but his body has stopped responding partially. With every passing hour, dejection was clearly noticeable in the faces of those treating him.

I can't lose him! No I can't.. The way silence slowly invaded the room after several tries, he too was slowly fading away. From me.

Flashback💡

Park wrote me a long letter explaining how Tida tricked people and her biggest secret.

She is a poison girl,a type of women who are used as assassins ,often against powerful enemies..their blood and bodily fluids are poisonous to other humans. These girls are raised  on a carefully crafted diet of poison from a very young age. Ofcourse many don't survive,but those who does becomes immune to poison and their body fluids are poisonous to others.

So that's why she wants to marry me, so that she could poison me. Her aim is not Beam. Atleast he's away from danger.

I have to craft a perfect plan to expose her. I spent the day discussing about the wedding plans with Lam. That's when it struck me! She would use the holy water sipping ritual! She dare to plan such atrocities! On that day, it would be her, who would be defeated!

Today is the wedding day. Everything was perfectly planned, I just hope that it works. I signalled my trusted workman to substitute the moon water with milk. I have learned that milk turns into a  blueish colour when mixed with poison. Its how it's proved whether the food is tampered with or not. After she takes a sip, I'll expose her by opening the lid and showing it to the public present.

Flashback ends💡

It was supposed to end that way isn't it? Then why!!!

"why isn't he conscious till now?! Its evening!!! It has been hours!!! " I screamed at the physician.

" p-prince, his condition is very worse.. He isn't responding to medicines and... And he's slipping away from us.. I'm sorry..... "

" No... No.. No!!!!, it can't be!! Beam?! You listening?! Yo-u you can't leave me! Please... " I slowly went to his side of the bed and took his cold hand in between my warm fingers and tried hard to be strong. But I couldn't. A tear finally made its way down my exhausted face.

I was never this weak. I sarcastically smiled at the thought. I... I grew up to love him in these few months. So that's how it feels to have a heart. It aches, so bad seeing him like that... Nothing matters anymore.. Just him, more than myself.

I wiped the tears and stood up.

"prepare my horse right now!!" I ordered the guards in a hoarse voice.

Although I could hear several questions from the family members enquiring about where I was about to go at this vulnerable condition, I didn't have the energy to answer those. Only Beam matters.

.............

It was night. Almost midnight I think. I stopped and tied my horse and made my way through the hilly stairs. I walked through them barefooted. I could feel the piercing of stones into my feet every now and then, but it only made me feel better. I deserve all these pain. Not him.

I reached the threshold and pushed open the old iron door. It opened with a creaking sound and revealed it.

The God. Its the temple Beam and I visited.

I went near it and kneeled down.

" well.... The thing is that  during Marriage, I was  angry with you, your attitude... So I well... Pledged that one day I'll cut your head and offer it to the feet of the God!
Bu-but how.. How can I, now that you are my husband and.. I no longer desire to do so too" I remembered what Beam said during that visit.

" I Forth ask you for one thing. Although I never believed in your existence, he did. He always worshipped you. Please, p-lease save him... I the King of South Thailand, beg you, I spread my hands in front of you and bow my head at your feet. I just want him, nothing else... I.. I love him. He is my soul. Although I couldn't cut my own head, I will cut through my palm and make you offering of my blood.. Please save him.. "

I sobbed deeply... I let it all out.. 

Composing after a while, I took out my sword and made a deep cut through my left palm. Drops of blood trickled down my knuckles and made its way to the feet of the idol at a rapid speed.

..............

Wearily, after travelling back, I reached the kingdom. It was dawn,but the sun didn't rise yet.

Hastily, I reached Beam's side. He wasn't awake yet, but he taught me faith and I'll keep it.. I'll not lose hope.. He'll wake up.. He have to. For me..

    *    *    *    *    *

Vote^
Comment ♥️

Next update after 25+ votes, so hit it up as u read, hopefully you will enjoy the chapter.