Glass

*Appears huffing and puffing with papers and homework in hair* Sorry it took so long. Please read the authors note at the end.

TADA!

Steven let his thoughts run around in circles. He had laid awake the night before listening to them. The gems didn't know quite what to make of this, and frankly neither did he.

Steven didn't even know what he did. He was just afraid that the monsters would hurt Pearl and Amethyst and his gem reacted.

He brushed the lazurite on his chest, stroking the smooth surface. It was cold to the touch now, before, it had felt hot. He didn't know why, but that burst seemed so, familiar..

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a certain bird mom.

"Hey Pearl." Steven greeted, pushing a strand of midnight blue hair away from his face.

"Hello Steven, are you okay?" The tall birb asked.

"I'm fine." A pause followed, before he asked one of the most pressing questions at the back of his head.  "Did mom have that power?

Pearl sighed, "Oh, something like it. I only saw her use it a few times," She wrapped an arm around him in a comforting gesture. After a couple of minutes, Pearl spoke up again, "I actually might be able to show you."

She stood up, and summoned a mirror from her gem, "This gem-powered mirror can capture and display any event it's witnessed!" 

"Really?" Steven asked, now interested.

"Uhuh," Pearl said with a smirk, "I'll show you!" She cleared her throat, "Mirror, show us the galaxy warp." The mirror did nothing. "Show us the galaxy warp." Pearl repeated with more authority, but the mirror was just that; a mirror.

"It is pretty old, it must finally be broken. Sorry Steven." Said Pearl, handing the mirror to him.

Steven looked at the object in his hands. The glass was faceted in triangular shapes, catching his reflection in seven different surfaces. The frame was grey green and carved to look like spirals. The handle was pointed and engraved, with diamond shapes. 

Steven turned it around. On the back, The spirals curved towards the middle, Centreing the gem.

The triangular, green gem.

First things first; 428 VIEWS WHAT!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!💖💕❤🥰 !!!!!!!!🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉

Next, I had a very long week, so I didn't have that much time for writing, but I promise you that I will keep updating! The chapters will just be shorter.

Oh, I switched Lapis and Peridot around so it would work better.

I'll answer any questions here-->

🐉