Freeing the Prisoner

YOU KNOW WHAT... I don't even have an excuse.

It was that bad.

Steven ducked behind a stone hand jutting out of the sand. He just slapped Garnet. He just slapped Garnet. WHY DID HE JUST DO THAT!?

Steven looked down at the mirror in his hands, "Why do they want to bubble you?"

The only thing he got was a "Don't- Give it- me!"

Steven looked around in desperation, he won't be able to hide here forever, "I want to help! What do you want me to do?"

The mirror shifted and rippled "Let-me- oOoOoUuUt!" It wailed.

Steven was sweating now, "I don't understand." The mirror rippled once again, showing an image of Steven taking the green triangular gem and holding it in the air. 

Steven got up, furrowing his eyebrows together, and latched his hands around the gem. Clenching his teeth, he yanked the gem, unaware of miniscule pieces of metal rising around him, and the Crystal Gems yelling at him to stop. He kept pulling until it came out of the mirror with a satisfying pop and crack as the mirror shattered. Steven and the CGs watched in amazement and horror as the gem began to glow.

The green triangle floated out of Stevens open palm, and hovered in the air. All was still for a moment. Then, a gloop of light formed around it, hardening and gaining colour. The new gem flopped on the ground ,groaning.

Steven rushed up to her. Helping her to her feet. Now he could got a better look at her.

 She was about Stevens height, maybe a bit taller. Her hair was triangular and light green, reminiscent of a dorito.  Her gem glinted softly in the middle of her forehead, protected behind a visor. She wore a two part green dress that went halfway down her thigh, and that had a yellow diamond on her chest.

She opened her eyes and whispered, "Thank you." She stumbled a bit, "You.. talked to me. You actually assisted in getting me out of that reflective device! Your a Steven, right?" 

"Um yeah."

"I'm Peridot. Are you certain that your a Crystal Clo- I mean Gem?" 'Peridot' asked.

"Yes." Steven answered, now unnerved by the question .

"But, you-" Peridot was cut of by a shrill scream; "STEVEN STAY AWAY FROM HER!!"

The hybrid in question turned to see Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl rushing towards them ,weapons raised.

"You" Peridots voice went low and menacing, "You clods knew I was in there." The sand around her began shaking. "Did you even think about who I WAS!?" The sand formed chains and clamped on Garnet, holding her in place.

"WAIT!" Steven yelled.

"I AM PERIDOT, AND YOU CAN'T KEEP ME TRAPPED HERE ANYMORE!!"

The green space dorito turned to Steven, "Come with me, the Steven, we can get far away from this clod of a planet.

"But-where?"asked Steven.

"Homeworld."

"But, they're my family!" He protested. "I can't leave them!"

A look of grief flashed through her eyes, "Fine." The sand holding Garnet fell apart.

"I owe you the Steven, for setting me free. So here's part of my debt; don't trust the Crystal Clods" She spat the words like they had a sour taste. "Goodbye."

Aluminium cans and loose metal strips flew towards them, bending and melding together to form a platform which Peridot hopped onto. She gave one more glance at Steven before shooting up to the sky, leaving  nothing behind.

The gems came up behind Steven, all of them silent.

"Steven, your grounded."