Copying

Steven walked around town, mirror in hand. He kept tracing the curves surrounding the triangular gem.

"You don't seem broken, no cracks." He said to himself, "Unless you have a crack on the side that is embedded in the mirror.."

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a loud honk! Steven jumped and looked behind him, to see Mayor Dewey driving his van- on the sidewalk?

"Get out of my way Universe, I'm late for a speech!" The mayor called.

Steven blinked, "Shouldn't you be driving on the road?" He asked.

"I'm the mayor, I can do what I want!" Dewey snapped.

Steven stared as he drove away, then continued walking and inspecting the mirror. He moved his fingers across the frame, the handle, the gem; all of it looked to be in perfect condition, but why wouldn't it work? It didn't matter much, but then why was it bugging him?

Steven was to engrossed in the mirror to see the open manhole in his path, and would have fallen in, if it weren't for the voice coming from nowhere.

"'Crack'- 'on the road?'!!" Steven was so startled, he nearly dropped the mirror.

"Woah" He breathed. Steven looked back at the mirror, "Did... you just talk?"

" 'Did-talk?' "The mirror answered.

"So you do work!"

" 'Do work!' "

" Wow, this is kinda weird, I'm talking to a mirror that's copying what I say. "

"This is- weird." The mirror confirmed.

"Ok um.. can you teach me how to control my powers?" Steven asked, before adding, "Yes or No."

"No."

Steven groaned, "Ok, but the gems should know that you work."

"NO!" The mirror shouted.

"Come on! It won't be that bad."

AAAAAAGH I DID NOT MEAN TO BE LATE IM SO SORRY!!