Chapter 11

•SHOPIA•

My family wanted to see the babies and I asked Promise and Lisa whom surprisingly said yes. They of course will be going as well.

"How you think your pops gone be with the twins". Promise asked as I got in the back seat.

"Hey, guys and I think he'll love them". I said putting my seat belt on and smiling down at the twins.

"I hope so cause he damn near killed me the second time I went over there with you". He said causing me to laugh.

"You're lying I thought you guys talked it out". I said playing with Kristen's fingers.

"We did he was too hype when he knew I spoke Spanish". He said looking through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, he doesn't really talk to people other than family because he doesn't know much English". I said and he nodded.

|15 minutes later|

We finally made it to my parent's house and as usual, there was a lot of people outside.

"Why is it so many people over here". Lisa said looking out the window.

"My family likes to have parties to bring the family together". I said sliding out of the back seat after Promise got Tristan out.

"I apologize for anything that's about to happen when we get in here". He said closing the door before fixing Tristan's car seat on his arm.

"That's okay cause my family will put her in her place if she gets out of line". I said with a smile before walking towards the gate.

"Mama, papa". I call out and they both walk over with their arms wide open giving me a hug.

"Where are the babies". My mother asked looking around.

"Promise is getting them out of the car". I said pointing behind me.

"Is that his wife she's very pretty". My mother said looking behind me.

"Yeah, she is". I said as they walked up and stood beside me.

"Mama and papa this is Lisa Promise's wife and you already know promise". I said introducing them and Promise got hugs from them since he was still holding the twins.

"Nice to meet you". My mom said holding her hand out for her to shake.

She held her hand out with a fake smile on her face.
I know my mom seen it to by the way her eyebrow rose and I could just tell she had something to say.

"Is there a problem". She asked Lisa still holding onto her hand.

"No there ain't no problem". She said shaking her head.

"Good now let's go meet some of the family". My mom said releasing her hand.

I look over at Promise with was already looking at me and we started laughing as we followed behind my mother.

"Your mom's is not to be fucked with". He said and I nodded my head.

"She definitely isn't". I said before we got to the table and my mom started introducing them to Lisa since majority of them knew Promise already.

"May I hold in of the babies". I heard my father say causing me to look over at him.

"Yeah sure sir here you go". He said handing Tristan to him.

I watched as his usual mug turned into a smile as Tristan played with his finger.

"I'm proud of you guys and I'm actually glad my daughter did this for you you're children are beautiful Mrs. Lisa". My dad said causing me to smile.

"Yeah, thanks". She said with a fake smile before looking back down at her phone causing me to roll my eyes.

"If we put the babies in the room we can start the drinking games". My uncle said and everyone started cheering.

"Sweetheart take them to your old room". My mom said and I nodded standing up.

"Follow me, you guys". I said walking into the house and to my room.

"You can just leave them in the middle and out pillows around them". I said pointing to the bed as I stood by the door.

"Thanks". Promise said laying Kristen down.

Lisa laid Tristan right beside her and walked out with us right behind her.

Once we made it back outside they were putting the last of the food on the table as some of my aunts tried to get their kids to sit down.

"You guys can sit right there ill be on the other side of the table in front of you". I said tapping two chairs that were available.

"Thank you". Promise said pulling the seat out and I nod walking around the table.

Taking a seat I look around and see everybody was situated so we all grabbed each other's hand, we'll almost everybody.

"Is there something wrong sweetheart". My aunt Gloria that was sitting by Lisa asked with her hand still out to be held.

"I don't want to touch you, ya know germs". She said making a face.

"Oh, my godman". Promise said rubbing his forehead with his head down.

"No no no it's fine you're right sweetheart". My aunt said giving her a smile.

"I know". Lisa said nodding her head.

"Oh no I was saying you're right I don't know what kind of diseases you have". Aunt Gloria said causing the family to laugh and even Promise laughed.

"Can we eat". One of my little cousins said and I nod agreeing with her.

We all bowed our heads and my father started the prayer. After he was done we all started digging in.

In the midst of me eating I look up and see Promise tearing up his food and Lisa playing with her food as my grandmother staring at her.

If they liked her before they definitely don't now...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE