Chapter 6

|1 month later|
•SOPHIA•

Dialing Promises number he answers on the third ring.

"What's up something wrong". He asked and I could hear the concern in his voice.

"No, I'm fine I was just wondering if you could send me Lisa's number". I ask slipping on my shoes.

"Yeah, I'll send it to you what y'all about to do". He asked as I made my way to the living room.

"I just want to ask her out for breakfast so we can talk". I said eating some strawberries and sugar.

"I'm at work so give me a minute I'm about to send it". He said and I nodding going into the kitchen to wash my bowl out.

"Alright I sent you her number but I got to go". He said before hanging up.

Looking in my messages I text her number and ask her to meet me for breakfast and she said yes.

Leaving out of my apartment I get in my car and pull off.

|15 minutes later|

Pulling into the parking lot I get out locking the door and walking in. Looking around I see Lisa sitting in a booth so I walk over.

"Hello". I said giving her a small smile as I sat down.

"Hey". She said looking up from her phone.

"So why did you ask me to meet you here". She asked putting her phone down.

"I just want to figure out with your problem is with me so that we can fix it and be cordial for the sake of y'all child". I said thanking the waiter for the water he sat on the table.

"The problem is that's not my baby". She said and I scrunched up my face.

"What do you mean it's not your baby it is". I said and she shook her head.

"I'm not having it myself". She said rolling her eyes.

"It's not about who has the child it's about who takes care of it that's what makes you a mother". I said before taking a sip of my water and putting it back down on the table.

"I would feel more comfortable about it if you and Promise wouldn't hang out so much". She said as I stared at her.

"So because me and Promise are hanging out and stuff you don't feel comfortable about the baby being yours". I ask and she nods her head.

"How does that even make sense did you think about that before you said it". I asked tilting my head to the side.

"If you could not hang out with him that would make me more comfortable about being around you and accepting the baby". She said looking down at her phone.

"Because I don't want to come in between you guys I'm going to do what you ask because I don't want to be that person that messes up what somebody else has". I said standing up taking money out of my purse.

Tossing it on the table I walk out and get in my car starting it up and pull off.

|15 minutes later|

Pulling into the parking lot I get out and walk into my apartment. Taking my shoes off I make my way to the kitchen to eat some leftover pizza I had since I didn't eat at the meetup.

My phone buzzed in my hand causing me to look down at it and see Promise calling so I answer it.

"Hello". I ask placing the plate in the microwave.

"What's up how did it go". He asked and I could hear a car door close on his end.

"So I can't hang out with you anymore". I said and the line went silent.

"Stop playing". He said with a small laugh.

"I'm not joking Promise Lisa doesn't want us hanging out anymore because I guess she thinks we're getting to close". I said and he smacked his lips.

"Man fuck her you cool peoples and I don't want to be strangers and you carrying my baby so we gone hang out if we want to". He said as I took my plate out of the microwave and made my way to the living room.

"Not to change the subject or anything but would you mind meeting my family next week". I ask taking a bite of my pizza.

"Why they want to meet me or something". He asked and I shook my head.

"No they don't know about you but since I'm going to be telling them I'm pregnant I want them to know the reason and also meet you". I said blowing the pizza before taking another bite.

"Well then yeah I'll meet them". He said and I started smiling.

"Great so Tomorrow". I ask and I hear him laugh.

"Yeah tomorrow but look I got to go I'll stop by when I get off". He said and we said our goodbyes before hanging up.

My dad is going to kill him...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE