Chapter 4

|Two weeks later|
•SOPHIA•

I just got finished throwing up my lungs and was now brushing my teeth. This has been going on for the last two weeks and I think it's time I take the test.

Walking out of the bathroom I grab my keys and walk out of the apartment to my car. Getting in I start it up and pull off towards the nearest CVS.

|5 minutes later|

Getting out I walk in and look down almost every aisle before I finally found the one I was looking for. Looking at all the different brands of pregnancy tests I pick up three of the clear blue digital ones before making my way to the counter.

"Are you scared". The cashier asked as she rung up the test.

"No, it's not my baby". I said and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"29.22". She said bagging up the test and I a pulled a 20 and ten out of my purse handing it to her.

"0.78". Is your change would you like your receipt she asked and I shook your head now grabbing my change and the bag walking out.

Getting in the car I toss the bag in the passenger seat and pull off.

Once I made it home I get out and go inside.

"I'm so nervous". I said to myself as I went Into the bathroom.

Pulling down my pants I grab a clear cup and pee in it. Once I was done I wash my hands and unbox the test. I dip one for a few seconds before doing the other two.

"Now we wait". I say setting a timer on my phone.

|10 minutes later|

Hearing the alarm go off I sit my cup down and walk to the back and into the bathroom. Looking down at the test they all said positive.

"YES YES YES". I yelled jumping up and down.

Pushing my hair out of my face I pick up the phone pressing Promises contact. As it rang I tried to get my breathing under control to sound normal.

"What's up Sophia". He said as soon as the call connected.

"Are you and Lisa busy". I ask looking down at the tests.

"Nah we just watching a movie". He said and I nod.

"Do you guys mind meeting me at Rosas". I asked picking up the test and walking out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, we'll meet you there". He said and I heard shuffling.

"Alright see you then". I said before hanging up.

Since I was already dressed I grabbed their gifts and make my way out the door and to my car.

|20 minutes later|

Parking the car I get out and walk into Rosas looking for them until I spotted Lisa and Promise.

Walking over Promise stood up to give me a hug which I returned and then I held my hand out for Lisa to shake with she did catching me by surprise.

"Thanks for meeting me here". I said taking a seat placing the bags beside me.

"It's nothing so what's up". Promise said staring at me.

I didn't want to wait any longer so I handed them their bags watching them go through it.

"I can't wait to meet you, daddy". He read off of the onesie before looking up at me.

"Yo, you pregnant". He asked excitedly and I nodded with a smile on my face.

Standing up he hugs Lisa with a huge smile on his face but when I looked at her she didn't look too happy.

I didn't want to ruin this moment for Promise so I didn't say anything.

"Sophia thank you so much, man". He said walking over giving me a hug.

"Can I". He asked looking at my stomach.

"Nothings there yet but sure". I say and he rubs it with a smile that went ear to ear.

"Do you want to feel". I ask Lisa since she was just glaring at me.

"No". She said leaning back into the seat.

"I'm getting real tired of your negative attitude cause at the end of the day I'm doing this for y'all be appreciative". I said moving Promises hand sitting up.

"Lisa man why you messing up this moment you supposed to be happy we getting a kid". Promise said mugging her.

"Can you just try to get along with me I'm not a bad person but I'm also not going to beg you". I said with a shrug.

"Okay, I'm excited". She said smiling halfheartedly.

Something is better than nothing.

"I'm starving". I said picking up the menu looking through it.

"Order anything you want I'll pay for it". Promise said going and taking a seat.

"Oh no, you don't have to do that". I said shaking my head.

"Nah you carrying my baby so they got to eat". He said shaking his head.

"Okay". I said trying to decide what I was going to eat.

When the waiter came we ordered and made little small talk mostly me and promise I tried to get Lisa into the conversation but she chose to stay on her phone. Promise tried to get her off of it but she would try to argue with him.

If she keeps it up he's going to leave her...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE