Chapter 1

•SOPHIA•

All throughout college, I would see ads online to be a surrogate and I really wanted to do it just to give others chances that they don't have. I decided to wait till after I finished college to do so and I finally did.

"Sophia Da Rosa". I heard my name being called causing me to look up.

Standing up I make my way into the office and see the couple with their backs turned to me. The man turned around and stood up with a smile on his face holding his hand out.

"How you doing I'm Promise and this is my Wife Lisa". He said as I shook his hand with a smile.

I walked over to shake her hand and she just looked at it.

"Okaaay...". I said putting my hand down and going to sit down.

"Lisa don't do that man get up and shake that girl's hand". Promise said and she sighed getting up to shake my hand.

"I'm fine thank you". I said turning and looking at the doctor and I heard Promise laugh causing me to look over with a smile and he was already looking at me.

"Okay, so I've scheduled the Insemination to be performed next week because we have to do a few more tests on Ms. Da Rosa here to make sure she's good to go". Dr. Emmanuel said and I nodded listening to him.

"This is a list of things I need you to do leading up to the process on the insemination and I suggest that you all get acquainted with one another considering you all will be having a baby together". He said handing me the list and I look over it and it basically says the basics no smoking, alcohol consumption, etc.

" I'm going to go hand this paperwork off to my assistant". He said standing up from the desk and walking out of the office.

"So". Me and Promise said at the same time causing us to laugh.

"Go ahead". He said nodding at me.

"So what are you guys hoping for if the insemination is successful". I ask turning in my seat looking between the two.

"I want a son but a little girl would be great too". He said with a smile on his face.

"And what about you Lisa". I ask looking over at her.

"Can we go yet". She asked looking over at him causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"Why are you being so rude like what did I do". I asked tilting my head to the side.

"I'm trying to figure out the same thing you the one that was bugging me bout doing the shit and now that we have somebody to do it you being mad fucking rude Lisa don't make me show out in here". Promise said mugging her and I sat back in my seat looking around minding my own business.

The doctor walked in making his way to his desk.

"Alright, you guys are all set for next week you're good to go". He said taking a seat behind his desk.

Standing up I walk over and shake Promises' hand before walking out.

Just as I was about to get into my car I heard somebody yelling for me. I look over and see Promise jogging over to me.

"Can I get your number". He asked holding his phone out.

Grabbing it I put my number in and hand it back to him. He looks down at his phone and nods sliding it in his pocket.

"Look I really appreciate you doing this for us I'm gone figure out what's up with her but she'll good the next time we meet". He said looking down at me as I looked up at him.

"Okay, I'll see you later". I said getting in my car starting it up.

I don't really have anywhere to go so I decided to go to my parent's house. I don't know how they're going to take me being a surrogate but I honestly don't care I just thought I should at least tell them.

|30 minutes later|

Parking the car I cut it off and get out walking inside my parent's house and I see my brothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

"I thought dinner wasn't until seven it's three". I said giving my mother a kiss on the cheek and hugging my father.

"Your uncle Miguel is coming home today so everyone came together to set up". My mother said as I took a seat at the table.

Well, there goes me telling them about being a surrogate. I don't want to ruin the mood everyone's in so I'll just tell them another time.

" Mija come and help me make the Tamales". My mother said and I nodded standing up from the table and making my way beside her.

She started talking about any and everything.

Hopefully, they take it well when I do tell them...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE