You Do You

When Damian woke up again he felt like his head was being crushed and his face felt far too hot. Upon further realisation he realised it was Cleo sitting on his face. He muffled a groan into the fur of her stomach before using what was left of his arm energy to pluck her off his head and place her near him.

“Ah, you're finally awake.” came a voice and when he turned around he saw Ivy sitting on his bed, a beautiful red flower near her in a pot.

Damian sat up straighter, wary of her. Sure, Selina might trust her and he knows she wouldn't try anything in front of her or Harley but he still felt wary. This was the same woman who used her plants to try and kill him. He wasn't about to start trusting her anytime soon.

“Relax, petal. I don't have a death wish and I don't plan on dying any time soon. Selina would have my head and Harley would surely be pissed at me. I also don't need the bat after me for killing his kid.” she said, raising an eyebrow at him as he still didn't lower his defensive stance but didn't comment on it anymore. He would trust her, hopefully.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, staring at the plant as if it was his ticket to death.

“Umm, I'm friends with the owner of the penthouse.” she said. Damian shot her an unamused look, determination in his eyes not faltering.

“Okay, so what are you doing in my room. I would have thought you'd be making goo goo eyes at Harleen.” he said.

“Trust me, kid. I would love to be with my girlfriend but right now I'm going to be the good person and help the traumatised kid.” she said. Damian opened his mouth to argue that he wasn't a traumatised look before she shot him a look.

“Okay, fine. But why is this in any of your interest?”

“Because, believe it or not kid, I actually have a heart.” she said.

“Tt.” he scoffed before he settled his eyes on the plant again. “What's that for?” he asked, still slightly wary.

“This is a plant.” she said.

“And your plans always have something unnatural about them. Now, what is it?” Damian asked, more forcefully. Ivy just rolled her eyes at the ex-vigilante and couldn't help but smirk. ‘Once a Robin always a Robin.’ she thought fondly before turning back to her plant.

“This is a plant that will allow you to communicate with either me, Harley or Selina. It can also protect you pretty well and makes excellent tea.” she added.

“Why do I need it?”

“Really want me to answer that?” Ivy asked, raising a single eyebrow at him.

“Tt.” he answered, looking away from her and flopping back down the bed. “What time is it?” he asked, not looking up at her, keeping his eyes closed.

“A little bit past noon.” Ivy answered. She covered a snicker when the boy shot up like a bat from hell, his eyes going wide before he flipped the covers off and started scrambling out of the bed. “Where are you going?” she asked when she saw him go through the clothes that Selina had.

“Out. Damn it. Why does Selina not own any jeans.” he muttered, moving clothes out of the way, eyes wide.

“No you're not.” said Ivy, standing up off the bed and turning to face him, arms crossed.

“Oh yeah? And who's going to stop me?” he asked sarcastically before letting out another curse when he only found my skirts and shorts in the drawer he opened.

“Me.” replied Ivy and before Damian knew it vines started to rap around him and he was flipped over, hanging upside down.

“Yagh.” yelped Damian. His face turned bright red and he glared at a smirking Ivy. “I hate you.” he snapped when she didn't lose her smirk and wrapped her vines around him tighter when he started struggling.

“I know. Now. We're going to sit here while you tell off every single person who's messed with you so I send out my plants to kill them.” said Ivy. “Or we can talk like girls having their nails painted.” she added and was rewarded with Damian blushing again.

“Tt.” Damian stayed there and Ivy just simply grabbed a magazine from the bedside table and started flipping through it. The silence stretched for a long time and Ivy was starting to get worried. When she was about to release him from his bones he started speaking.

“When did you know you liked Harley?” he asked, almost shyly and definitely scared.

“Oh, it took a long time. I knew I liked women as well. I just didn't know about Harley. She was always my best friend but when she broke it off with the joker once and for all I just finally realised I liked her. Of course we went through so much shit to get together but I think it was worth it.” Ivy answered, shooting him a confused look.

“Do you find it weird that you like both men and women?” Damian asked, his cheeks burning red and he was looking away from her. Ivy smiled softly at him.

“Nah, not really. I find both men and women hot and attractive. It just depends who they are.” said Ivy. “Why Petal? Got someone special?” Ivy had meant for that to come out as teasing but Damian let out a wounded sound and she Bach tracked slightly, remembering the kids many issues. “Not that there's anything wrong with that. I would be hypostrical and all.”

Ivy waited again for Damian to speak again and internally cheered when he spoke again, voice soft.

“When I was child my mother and grandfather had it drilled into me that I must always have an heir. That I should get with a wealthy, pretty, healthy woman to provide the best heir.”

“Now that's just bullshit.” Ivy snapped. She winced slightly when Damian flinched slightly and she quickly moved him near her and got rid of the vines around him and hugged him slightly. “If you want to date a girl like that go for it but if you want to date someone go for it. Your mother and grandfather are way too old anyway. Plus if anyone gives you grief tell me.” she added teasingly.

“I question how either you or Herleen were seen as dangerous in the criminal underground.” he said, scoffing slightly.

“Watch it. I might be sweet right now but I will wrap you around those vines again and give you a full makeover.” Ivy said warninky and she was awarded by a snort of laughter.

“Oh the horror.” he said sarcastically.

“Indeed. Now come on. I'm starving and you're probably starving as well.” and just as she said that Damian’s stomach rumbled.

“Fine. Selina makes a good chicken salad.” he said, the idea of food seeming very appealing right now

“Hm. Now come on. You can get changed later.” Ivy said and quickly they both stood up and headed out. “Don't forget your plant.” Ivy added.

“Trust me. I don't plan on getting strangled at night for forgetting about a planet.” he said sarcastically and yelped when Ivy tickled him.

“Don't push me. Now come on. Before Harley eats it all.” she said teasingly