It'll Be Okay

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter! Sorry for any mistakes! Go to the end for more notes!

Damian had ended up spending more than just a week with the Sirens. To be accurate he had spent a month with them and he was sure that everyone in his life who actually cared about what he wanted thought it was for the best. The month with the sirens had been… interesting. It was certainly memorable.

He'd had his sessions with Harley daily and it had been hell. Don't get him wrong he appreciated the fact that the woman was helping him and the lessons generally did help but the feeling of someone asking him questions he wasn't… comfortable with, was unnerving. Sure he had quit Robin but Robin hadn't left him. He'd always been trained to not let anyone prod through his head and no one had ever spoken about emotions with him.

Harley understood however. When it was clear he didn't want to talk about something she understood and left it and he never felt the judgement he would normally feel if someone from his family asked him something and he declined it.

Ivy had been…well nice? Damian wasn't sure. He didn't know many people who were nice to him so the feeling is still foreign to him.

She had been helpful that's for sure. She had also taken him out shopping and had bought him stuff that before he would have blushed and vehemently declined against. However she hadn't judged him when he had come out of the dressing room dressed in a pair of shorts and cropped hoodie with some shorts over a pair of tights. She had simply smirked and asked which colours he had wanted and proceeded to buy him the clothes that related to it.

The plant she had given him was nice too. It kept him calm and it was a luxury he never really got to experience so it was nice. It helped him sleep better too. It didn't completely get rid of his nightmares but he had to admit that without the plant he was certain they would be a whole lot worse.

Him and Ivy had sat down and talked about stuff. Sometimes about Harley, others about his family, and other subjects. She never bought up his sexualoty but she had hinted at it a couple of times but Damian had remained silent and she had dropped it.

His new cat, Cleo had been a delight. He was uncertain however if her or Alfred would get along but he was sure they would end up finding at least one thing in common with the other.

Selina had been the best. He could finally understand why his father would choose her as a spouse.

She never ragged on him when he did something wrong and she never stared at him in disappointment. She never looked at him like he was intruding in her life and she never hinted that she might be getting bored of him. She just sat down with him and held him when it was clear to the both of them that it would be a rough night. She was never annoyed when he woke her up screaming about a nightmare that his plant wasn't able to protect him from.

It was nice. They were nice. To him at least. He was sure that they were still doing their lite crimes and he had heard on the news that Selina had almost clawed out the eyes of a pedophile before Batman had managed to stop her. Damian couldn't help but the flare of pride when he saw her crush on the guy's crotch with her heeled boots. He saw his father wince but he hadn't repreminded her.

His family had texted him. And by that he meant Grayson had continued to send hon continuously sappy messages. Todd had sent him one message and it had said ‘sorry’. Damian wasn't sure what he was sorry for and he wasn't sure if he wanted to know.

Drake had sent him 3 messages. One was telling him what was going on with the vigilante works and immediately the second text had been a sorry. He hadn't texted him up until the last week had had with Selina when he sent a sorry.

His father had texted him quite a few times. Sometimes it was talking about the weather or whatever Pennyworth had cooked and other times it would be apologies. Damian hadn't known how to respond to those so he had just left them on read. Some part of him felt guilty but when he bought it with Harley she had threatened him that she would confiscate his phone until he learnt his opinion mattered and that he shouldn't feel guilty for not knowing how to respond to something after growing up with an emotionally declined family.

Cassandra texted him a continuous stream of ‘miss you’s’ and Damian hadn't answered to a single one of them lest he be guilted into going back home.

Overall the month had been… a treat. A rarity he ever got no matter where he went.

Sadly, it was coming to a close. He had packed a small bag full of the stuff he had gotten while with Selina and looked sadly around the room, unbelieving of the fact that this was all coming to an end.

“You know if things get worse you're always invited to come stay with me.” said a voice from behind him and Damian didn't have to be Robin to know it was Selina.

“I know, it's just.” Damian huffed before starting his sentence again. “What would happen if they preferred it when I was here? What happens if they just realised that the world is better-”

“If you finish that sentence off I am going to let Harley and Ivy take you out to a lingerie store.” Selina threatened and Damian quickly snapped his mouth shut. Selina quickly walked around till she was in front of the young teen. He was short but tall enough that the height difference between them wasn't obscene.

“Damian Wayne you are amazing!” Damian opened his mouth, probably to object but she sent him a look and his mouth snapped shut again. “No, shut it! You are!” she snapped and from the tone it was clear that if he objected again then she would make a PowerPoint presentation about it and force him to sit through it as she broke down piece by piece on why he deserved to live.

“Tt.” he said instead, looking away from the woman but she wouldn't allow it.

“Damian.” she said softly, a contrast to her earlier anger. Damian felt himself shake a bit before he collapsed against Selina. “Oh, Damian.” she said and held him closer. She sank to her knees, pulling Damian down with her. “I'll always be here, okay?” she said softly. Damian didn't say anything, he just nodded against her chest and held her tighter.

Selina raised her head and saw Harley and Ivy at the door and a message went through the three women.

No one was ever going to hurt Damian again.

So I can understand if some of you really want to attack me with a shovel right now and that's understandable.

I just hope this chapter was enough of a peace offering.

If you guys want to check out any other stories I might be doing check out my new book. It has a lot of ideas I want to write down but I most likely won't end up doing them until way later. I plan on finishing this one and then I'm moving into an Iris West story so yeah.

Also check out my Iris West one shots, it would mean so much to me.

I also really hate people because I now have to stay home for two weeks cause someone didn't self quarantine after coming home from vacation.

I have absolutely no idea when the next chapter is going to be posted but I might be writing something Iris related. Or maybe Hal/Batlantern related. Who knows.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me.

Okay, bye!