Welcome Home

A/N: I am going to say I did not plan to update this fic until at least next week but talking to one of my favourite mutuals got me writing out another chapter. All be glad!

Damian would say he could never be surprised. He's seen and befriended aliens, seen time travel, travelled between dimensions, was Robin and that dealt with crazies on the daily and much more. Hell, he'd even say he was an expert on the weird.

Well that was until he saw a huge banner that said ‘Welcome Home Damian’ in big, bright colours, somehow managing to scale out evenly in the foyer. Beneath the banner was a huge buffet and stood in front of it where the bat family. To say they looked like shit would have been an understatement. He's seen milk with better colour than them.

He started at the scbe for a good 10 seconds before finally deciding to speak. “You all look horrendous.” He hadn't meant for it to come out so rude.

“See, the kid agrees with me.” Todd finally interrupted the awkward silence that had settled on the room upon Damian's declaration. The air cleared considerably but there was still a hint of awkwardness there.

“It's good to have you back home, Master Damian. I'll finally have someone who appreciates my tea making skills.” Pennyworth finally stood forward and moved over to the short teen. He wasn't lying either. He had desperately missed his grandson.

“You as well, Pennyworth. While I enjoyed staying with Selina the woman couldn't make tea to save her life.” joked Damian and a round of awkward chuckles and giggles went around the room. The room once again settles into awkwardness and Damian curses the fact that he told Selina that she could go home.

“Your room’s still your room.” his father finally said. Damian took a closer look and had to stop himself from recoiling. His father looked worse than that time all the Gotham rogues had escaped at the same time.

“Thank you.” thanked Damian before taking a closer look at his father and added. “Also sleep. You look horrible.” the room exploded into full blown laughter at the comment and his father even let out a weak smile. Suddenly a loud purr came from Damian's pocket.

Damian laughed quietly before taking Cleo out.

“So that's your new cat!” said Bruce.

“Yup! Her name's Cleo.” said Damian.

A litany of ‘Awe, she's so cute’ came from the family. It soon settled va k into that awkward air from before and then Pennyworth coffee rather loudly.

“Well the. Now that we've all been introduced it's time for Master Damian to unpack and try out this new herbal tea I found from going through old family recipes.” he said and gestured for Damian to follow him.

Damian nodded before putting his plant back in his arm and Cleo in the other before grabbing his suitcase and strolling after Alfred.

Before Damian left however he heard a loud groan and he shrunk in on himself. Was he already causing them pain? He knew that he should have stayed with Selina, he knew it!

More thoughts such as those followed the teen as his grandfather figure led him to his room. During this Alfred studied his grandson. He looked less paler than he had looked before he had gone before though he was still short.

“Here we are, Master Damian.” said Alfred finally, stopping at a large door. Damian swallowed before gently pushing the door, both out of safety of his plant and the fact that he was scared it might blow up. “I kept it as how you left it.” he added. Not like Damian needed the comment.

“Thank you. If you don't mind I'd like some time for myself to unpack. Selina was very generous when giving me gifts during my stay.” he said. Alfred nodded again but before he paused he hugged his youngest charge surprising the teen.

“It's so nice to have you back, Damian.” the old man said and Damian could see some tears in the man's eyes when he pulled back. Damian nodded before going into his room and putting his stuff in it and closing the door. He then collapsed against the door.

“Well Cleo. Welcome to your new home.” Damian said sarcastically and Cleo nipped his thumb in retaliation. He glared at the cat before she licked his thumb in apology. “Sorry too, girl.” he whispered, pressing his face into her fur.

This was going great. Note the sarcasm.

*** With the others ***

Jason groaned out loud.

“This is going fantastically!” he said, sarcasm flowing through each word like poison.

“Jason, be more optimistic! I'm sure it'll get better!” said Dick but even he sounded uncertain.

“Jason's right, Dick. The poor kid looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.” said Tim, putting his head in his hands. This was all his fault.

“Wrong. Brother scared we don't want him.” said Cass. The boys looked at her incredulously before they all remembered that she had the ability to tell body language.

“Why would the kid not think we would want him?” asked Steph, pulling her blond hair in frustration.

“Can you blame the kid?” asked Duke, a sad look on his face.

“Master Bruce? Are you quite okay?” asked the old butler joining them in the mini group meeting.

“I am going to show my son I love him even if it kills me.” promised Bruce and he had a look of determination, a complete contrast to the depressed look he's had ever since his fiance took in his kid for the month.

“So are we.” said Jason.

“All hands on deck.” said Dick and he put his hand in the middle. Everyone started putting their hand on top of the other and they all yelled out.

They would show Damian that each and every single one of them loves him.

*** With Talia ***

“Oh my little Prince.” cooed Talia softly as she looked at a screen that showed her son. It had taken months to plant the cameras but Talia Al Ghul was not one to give up. “I will make them pay for what they did.” she promised, anger and poison soaking her words.

After all, she was an Al Ghul. She got her way in the end.

Well I hope you guys all enjoyed! See you in whatever else I have planned for this book. Also check out my Ideas, rants and other stuff book. It'll have my future plans so please check it out.