5 ❋

It was now an hour until the wedding when I had just finished helping May style her hair. I, on the other hand, was nowhere near ready. I was still in pjs and a messy bun.

"Thank god you use to be a hair stylist," she giggled and admired her hair in the mirror. Her gaze then drifting to me. Her eyes slowly widened. "You're not ready yet!" I groaned, not wanting to change. "Hurry! We have to leave in half an hour!"

She rushed me to the bed where my dress was laid out, then slammed the door shut. I sighed and proceeded to put the dress on. I stared at myself in the mirror, not knowing what to think of it.

At least I get food out of this.

"There's gonna be food, right?" I asked, walking out of the room. She snickered, "Of course there's gonna be food, dummy." My eyes lit up at the thought of it. I am a food whore, you can't blame me.

She stared at me intensely with a smirk for a good minute before breaking her stare and looking at her reflection on her phone. "What was that for?" I questioned. "I was just admiring you. Are you leaving your wings out?" she asked, reapplying her lipstick. I gave a deep sigh, "Sure." Her eyes went wide, then lit up with excitement. She couldn't believe I had actually said I was going to leave them out.

She might not show it, but the incident at the mall still has her shaken up. I can see right through the facade she's trying to put up, so I figured she should have a good time at this wedding. Which means I can't complain about the dress, people, wings, or tiredness. This is gonna be fun.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Reason number one I don't like ubers: they're always small cars. And since I was leaving my wings out, this was an issue. I just ended up wrapping my wings around May while she leaned into them though. That brings me to reason number one I don't own a car: I have wings.

"Which heroes do you think are gonna be there?" May asked looking out the window. "I don't know, maybe the one you obsess over all the time."

     May was severely obsessed with Kamui Woods. Her apartment is full of posters of him. "I hope so," May said, getting even more excited.

"Who's wedding is this, exactly?" I hadn't asked who's it was, mainly because I forgot to. "Do you remember my friend Umi? It's her cousins wedding, and apparently he's a big business man and is close with a bunch of heroes," she explained.

     Shortly after that, we had arrived. It was taking place in a big mansion, which I assumed the groom owned. Immediately after getting out of the car, I got stares. I regret agreeing to come.

     I wasn't exactly a well-known hero, but I had been in the news enough times for 1/3 people to know who I was. People also knew my name now, thanks to someone who recorded the scene I had with the little girl, Hana, last week.

"Hey isn't that the hero, White Wing?"

"What? No way! I didn't know she was gonna be here. She's so pretty."

"That's White Wing! She saved that family from that apartment fire! She was on the news a couple days ago."

     Thanks to my quirk, I have heightened senses, meaning I can hear everything people say about me. And to be completely honest, that's a big blow on on my anxiety.

"May! Over here!" a familiar voice shouted. We both turned to our right to see Umi, the friend who had invited us. I had only met her once or twice, but I had never shown my wings to her, so you can imagine the shock she had when she saw them.

"You brought a hero as your plus one? Are you serious?" Umi asked in excitement. I just smiled softly. "I thought I told you I was bringing her? Guess it slipped my mind, oops," May said sheepishly. "Hello again, Umi," I greeted. She seemed shocked that I new her name. Then out of no where, her eyes widened.

"YOU'RE EMIRI! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A HERO. LET ALONE WHITE WING. I'M SO SORRY!" Umi shouted at the top of her lungs, then bowing. We got stares from everyone. "Please, there's no need to apologize. It's my fault I never mentioned it," I reassured her, trying to keep her from shouting again.

"Umi, maybe keep it down a little?" May said, noticing my slight panic. "Right, sorry. Come in!" she said, guiding us inside. "So which heroes are suppose to be coming?" May asked, hoping the answer was Kamui Woods. "I'm still not sure, Jin won't tell me which ones," Umi responded.

"Jin?" May asked. "Oh, right! My cousin, the one who's getting married, his name is Jin." The two then started to catch up, while I trailed behind, wrapping myself unconsciously with my wings. When I'm in big crowds, it's instinct to wrap myself.

     I didn't realize that May and Umi were getting out of sight while I was lost in thought. By the time I realized, I had already lost sight of them. Well this is just great, I'm stranded.

"Hey there cutie." I turned around and saw three men in front of me. "We noticed you seemed lost, maybe we can help?" the guy in the middle said. "Oh, no I'm okay, thank you though," I said, then turned around to walk away, but before I could, a hand grabbed my right wrist. "Woah, slow down, we just want to help," the man said.

     He had a smug look on his face. So did the two men behind him. I got this off vibe about them. "Come on, let us get you a drink," he insisted, his grip getting tighter. A sharp pain went through my arm as it started to lose feeling. I winced through my teeth. I knew they were trouble the moment he spoke.

     Before I could say anything, another hand grabbed the man. "There you are, I was looking for you Angel." I looked up, and to my surprise, it was Hawks. Why was he here? Before I could say anything he spoke again, "You can let go now, she's coming with me."

Authors Note: hello! if you haven't noticed yet, i changed the format the story was in. the other format just seemed too jumbled together for me, so i wanted to change it. let me know if you like this, or the other format better. as always, thanks for reading :)