25 ❋

"Fuck...."

Hello?

"I fucked up."

Who is that?

"God, please wake up soon..."

Keigo?

"I'm so sorry."

For what?

"I never should've left you like that."

Where am I?

"I don't know what I'd do without you..."

What are you talking about?

"I wasn't thinking straight when I lashed out at you."

Why can't he hear me?

"Just wake up soon, yeah? I need you."

But I am awake.

"Come back to me, Baby Bird."

I'm here!

꧁☘︎︎꧂

"Hello?" Aizawa answered. "She's in the hospital," Keigo mumbled into the phone. "Who is?" Keigo paused, not wanting to say her name. "Fuck. Which hospital, I'm on my way," Aizawa hurriedly replied once he understood what he meant by 'she'.

"Same one."

"How is she? What happened? Is she okay?"

Keigo took another deep sigh and exhaled slowly before answering, "Critical condition, in a coma. I'll explain once you get here." Aizawa's breath hitching was heard through the phone, they were both scared.

Aizawa could tell it was serious from the tone in Keigo's voice, usually he's more energetic, talkative, and loud, but he sounded drained on the phone. Like he had been through a lot. Because he had been.

As soon as Aizawa arrived and saw Keigo he stopped in his tracks. His head was bandaged and he was covered in bruises, scars and burn marks. He could only imagine what Emiri looked like.

Keigo didn't say anything until Aizawa did, "Where is she? What the hell happened?" Keigo sighed, "Dabi set her apartment on fire."

"What? When? Why didn't you call me?"

"She was fine, her wing got hurt but that was it."

Aizawa was confused, "So why do you look like you've been hit by a truck on fire?"

He sighed again and massaged his temples through the bandages, "After the fire I brought her to my apartment." He paused, slowly reliving everything in his head.

"And then what happened?"

He closed his eyes and saw flashes of their argument and when he realized she was kidnapped. He winced at the pain in his heart when he remembered the feelings that overwhelmed him when he was frantically searching the city for her.

"He kidnapped her," he explained, making sure to leave out their argument and his confession, "I found them but things got messy and he-" He didn't finish his sentence. What had happened was something he didn't want to talk about, but this was Aizawa. The man that had cared for Emiri long before they met. He had to tell him.

With a deep breath in he finished his sentence, "He used the quirk eraser on her and it wore off when I got to them. He cut and burned her wings. She still has them but, they're a mess... He tortured her in front of me, said if I came close he'd kill her." Keigo closed his eyes as small tears fell from them. He recalled her screams of pain, her cry's, and when she screamed his name but he couldn't do anything.

Aizawa shook with anger, why the hell was Dabi so intent on ruining her life? It had already happened once because of him, so why does he feel the need to do it all over again?

He was sad and angry, they both were. Emiri had finally been accepting her wings as a part of her, now they were ruined, most likely never going back to the way they were.

Without a word, Aizawa made his way to her hospital room. He froze when he saw her laying on the bed unconscious. Her wings were rested on cushions they had placed next to her.

They were bandaged and covered in burn marks. For the first time in a while, Aizawa's eyes stung, tears forming at the corner of his sleepy eyes.

He had remembered all those times where she was happy with her wings in school and the times she had breakdowns because of them.

Now they were broken and there was only one person to blame.

꧁☘︎︎꧂

A/N: can you tell i like making you guys sad? cuz i do. and to be completely honest i make myself sad with these too. the ending of this story is very soon, but i will be taking a while to publish the last few parts. if you want to see more of my writing i just started publishing chapters of a new Bakugou X OC book. i think you guys will like it, and check it out if you haven't already. i try and update it every 2 days or so :) that's all for now, as always, take care of yourself, drink water, eat something healthy, and take your meds if you need them. much love

~E