6 ❋

"Tch, whatever," the man said, letting go and walking away, the other two following behind him. It was obvious the two others that were there were the middle guys henchmen.

   I was watching them walk away when I saw the man in the middle say something to the other two. Then, as if on cue, they all turned around to glare at me and the pro hero.

"You okay there Angel?" Hawks asked, gently grabbing the arm the man grabbed. My wrist was red and slightly bruised. I knew he had a tight grip on my arm, I just didn't know it was forceful enough to leave a mark. It was also still a bit numb.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, completely ignoring his question. My eyes scanned up and down his body. He wasn't wearing his hero costume, he was in a vermilion buttoned up dress shirt that matched his wings and black dress pants.

"I'm here for the wedding. I thought it was obvious?" he smirked then gave me a confused look. I had completely forgotten where I was.

"Does your wrist hurt?" he asked, a bit of concern in his voice. I remembered who I had came here with and glanced around, hoping to see May or Umi, but they were no where to be found.

"So I'm guessing your friends with Jin then." I stated, ignoring his question once more. "Yup! He's an old drinking buddy. You know Jin too?" he asked.

"Oh, no. I came here with a friend who was invited by one of his cousins." I explained. He tilted his head to the side and gave me another confused look. "Confusing, I know," I scoffed.

     He seemed to have forgotten about my arm until I glanced down, inspecting it more. "Okay come on, no more avoiding my questions. You did plenty of that on the bridge the other day," he said with a sigh.

I looked up at him one more time, a worried look plastered on his face once again. "I'm okay, this is nothing. Thanks for helping me," I said, before turning and walking away to find May.

     I felt a hand wrap around my other arm, turning me around, "No no no, I don't think so Angel, your arm is not okay," Hawks said. His worried look turned into a desperate smile, "Come on, just let me help you."

I sighed and glanced around once more, still hoping to spot May or Umi. I still couldn't see them anywhere though. "You can find your friends after I treat your arm."

He had an "I'm not giving up until you're better" look in his golden eyes. "How are you suppose to do that with nothing?" I sighed in defeat. "I know my way around the mansion," he said, "and I also happen to know where to find medical equipment."

     With that he led me around the mansion. I didn't notice he had wrapped his wing around me until we started getting stares from the other people.

I heard people whisper and got even more anxious. I'm guessing Hawks noticed because he pulled me closer to his side with his wing.

     We had finally reached a door and he turned the knob, stepping to the side for me to enter first. Inside was an infirmary type room, with 2 beds and some medical equipment in clear glass cabinets.

I sat down on one of the beds and watched as the blond rummaged through the cabinets, looking for things to treat my wrist with.

He grabbed one of the stools that were in the room and pulled it in front of me, sitting down. He had what looked to be ointment and bandages.

"Does it hurt when I put pressure on it?" he asked, gently grabbing my wrist and pushing down on it. I winced at his touch, gritting my teeth. He hummed, taking my wince as a yes.

Carefully, he applied the ointment around my wrist, then wrapped my hand up. "Question," he said, still wrapping my hand. I hummed, letting him know I was listening.

"When I saw you on the bridge the first time, you didn't have wings. How come?" I looked at my wings, then back at him, who had done the same.

"I can make them appear and reappear whenever I want." He seemed intrigued, but he knew this from the first time you met. "You said your quirk was Metal Wings, wheres the metal?" he asked, finishing the hand wrap.

I watched as he got up to put the supplies away. He turned, meeting my gaze, waiting for my answer. Without breaking eye contact, my wings turned metal and made a clink sound.

His eyes widened in amazement as they went back to their original form and rested at my sides. "Okay, that was cool," he said. I let out a small huff and smiled.

"So then, why do you hide them?" he asked, leaning against the cabinets. I looked at my feet, then back up at him. "I just don't like them," I said monotonously.

His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to figure out if I was kidding, then settled into a frown when he realized I was being serious.

"The hell do you mean you don't like them? They're gorgeous," he said. He immediately closed his mouth and went red, not believing he just let that slip.

I watched in amusement as he looked everywhere but me. "It's not because I don't think they're pretty," I said, "They just remind me of someone I lost."

The redness in his face died down as he watched me avert my gaze to the ground. There was a long silence. "But that's all the more reason to love them."

My eyes widened at his words. "I mean, didn't you love the person? Would they want you to hide them?" I looked up to see a serious look on his face.

"They're a part of you, and they aren't going anywhere. If they remind you so much of that person, you should love your wings just as much as you loved them."

My mouth slowly parted to say something, but no words came out. He said all of that, never breaking eye contact. There was a long silence as I let the words sink in. I felt tears creeping out of the corners of my eyes.

I looked back up at him to see a soft and sincere smile on his face. I smiled at him as I felt tears roll down my face. His eyes widened as he watched me cry, "Woah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. Please don't cry," he pleaded, but all I could do was smile and cry more.

What he had just said made sense.  No one had ever said that to me, not even May. My mom wouldn't want me to hide them, she loved them.

He was right.

[A/N: do i smell... character development?]