Chapter 4: Marshall College

Doctor Jones had come back to from his 'break off'. While he is not discovering ancient temples or trying to reclaim priceless artefacts to give to the museum, he is an archeology teacher at Marshall College.

"Neo, meaning new and lithic..."
"I-T-H-I-C" he spelt in chalk on the blackboard
"Meaning stone. Alright let's get back to this Turkpean barrow near Hazelton. Contains a pass..." Jones stuttered
"...passage and three chamber cysts."

Indy looked over to see Marcus Brody, a friend who Is curator of the National Museum and who joins him on some of him adventures, he has got the role 'Dean of Students' at Marshal College. He silently entered the hot classroom trying not to interrupt, he stood on the side of the classroom. Indy went on.

"Don't confuse that with robbing." He informed the tired and bored students.

"In which case... Removing contents of barrow. This site also demonstrates... One of the great... Dangers of archeology. Not to life and limb, although that sometimes does take place."

Marcus stared at the students, who had there heads rested on the desk. Almost about to drift off into a dreamy, peaceful sleep.

"Now,"

The students lifted there heads up, imagining that Jones would start a new, more interesting topic...

"I'm talking about folklore"

One boy with red curly hair, who was leaning on his chair groaned silently making the other boy sitting next to him smirk

"In this case local tradition held that there was a golden coffin buried on the site." Indy continued

"And this accounts for the holes dug all over the barrow and the generally poor condition of the find. However, chamber three was undisturbed. And the..."

A girl, with dark straight brown hair purposely closed her eyes, written on her eyelids was ' LOVE YOU' she smiled.

Indy stuttered...

"Undisturbed chamber and the grave goods that were found at another ah..."

"...In the area given..."

Again the girl closed her eyes. Indy stared at her before looking back to the rest of the class.

"Ah..."

Indy turned back to the blackboard and wrote a few more notes, the noise of the chalk pierced throughout the room.

"Reason to ahh, to ah, to date this find as we have..."

Waking up all the students was the sound of the old bell ringing once again.

"Um... Any questions then?" Indy asked.

The students rushed trying to get out of the classrooms before Dr Jones gave them more homework. Excited, they spoke to each other about how glad they were to get out of the classroom

"I almost fell asleep!" A small blond girl said.

"He is so hot!" Another girl gossiped

"Thank god it's over..." A boy moaned

"Now, okay, that's it for the day then. Um, don't forget Michaelson, chapters four and five for next time..."

2 hot and bothered boys sighed directly in front of Indy

"And i will be in my office on Thursday, but not Wednesday."

Indy stared at Marcus.
In-between Indy and Marcus, the last student left leaving a green apple on Indy's desk

"I had it Marcus. I had it in my hand"

"What happened?" Marcus questioned

"Guess"

"Belloq?"

"Want to hear about it?" Indy asked

"Not at all, I'm sure everything you do for the museum conforms to the International Treaty for the Protection of Antiques." Marcus said as he picked up the green apple and polished it on his grey sleeve.

"It's beautiful, Marcus. I can get it. I got it all figured out. There's only one place Belloq can sell it, Marakesh. I need two thousand dollars."

"Listen old boy," Marcus chuckled

"Look!..." Indy interrupted as he opened one of his wooden drawers and took out some special pieces of carved stone.

"I've brought some people to see you." Marcus changed the subject

"Look, I got these pieces Marcus. Look!"

"Indiana, Yes, the museum will buy them as usual, no question asked. Yes they are nice." Marcus remarked
He held the pieces which Indy gave to him and examined them.

"They're worth at least the price of a ticket to Marakesh."

"The people I brought are important, they're waiting." Brody said

"What people" Indy questioned

"Army Intelligence. They knew you were coming before I did. Seem to know everything. Wouldn't tell me what they wanted."