Chapter 6: The Ark of the Covenant

"What exactly is the head piece to the Staff of Ra?"
Eaton asked.

Well the staff is just a stick. Oh I don't know, about this big." Indy was shaping out with hand motion to the 2 Washington men.

Nobody really knows for sure how high it's, it's capped with an elaborate headpiece."

Indy walked over to the blackboard and flipped it over. He started to draw the model of the Staff of Ra and continued talking.

"...In the shape of the sun, with a crystal in the centre. And what you did, was you'd... Take this staff to a special room in Tanis. A map room, with a miniature... Of the city all laid out of the floor."

The chalk on the board was echoing through out the whole entire room.

"And if you put the Staff of Ra in certain place at certain time of day, the sun shone through and made a beam that came down on the floor here. And gave you the exact location of the Well of the Souls."

"Where ah, the Ark of the Covenant was kept.... Right?"
Musgrove tested himself.

"Which is exactly what the Nazis are looking for." Indy replied.

"What exactly does this Ark look like?" Eaton asked as he took another smoke out of his calument.

"I've got a picture of it right here," Indy opened up his suitcase and grabbed out an old, thick note book. On one page was a coloured sketch. The 4 men looked over and examined the picture.

(This Picture is shown as the 'Media Picture' for his Chapter If you have the app and reading this, it will be up the top. If you are on the website it will be on the right or left.)

"Good god." Eaton said as he looked at the drawing of all the people brutally dying from the ark's electric forces.

"Yes, that's just what the Hebrews thought..." Marcus replied.

"Well, ah.... Now what's that supposed to be coming out of there?" The colonel wondered.

"Lightning... Fire.... Power of God, or something like that..." Indy answered as he stood back up.

"I'm beginning to understand Hitler's interest in this thing."
Major Eaton said smartly.

"Oh yes. The bible speaks of the Ark levelling mountains and laying waste to entire regions. An army which carries the Ark before it is... Invincible."
Brody said as he still examined the additional detail towards the picture...

(This is a short chapter as I felt the next scene shouldn't be under this chapter title)