Y/n Bakugo

"Mommy!" 4 year old me yelled, running back into the house

"Y/n?"

"I got my quirk! Look!" I placed my hand on a side table and it exploded into hundreds of pieces. Her eyes widened and a smile graced her lips. "Good Y/n, you must continue to grow strong, do not be weak, and be a good role model for your little brother."

~6 years later- age 10~

"Y/n, here are some gloves so that you don't break everything that you touch" my father handed me a pair of gloves he god from who knows where.

"Thanks dad"

"STUPID QUIRK"

"KATSUKI! STOP YELLING"

"SHUT UP YOU OLD HAG"

"They're going at it again?" My father muttered

"I don't get it he's only 6"

"Y/n!" My mother called. "Come show Katsuki what a real quirk should look like"

"Um mom I don't think that's a good-"

"Do as I say!" She screamed causing me to flinch

~Present time~

I sigh at the remembrance of that memory. Allow me to introduce myself, Y/n Bakugo. Age 18. Quirk: explosion. Anything I touch explodes. Because of my quirk, I wear gloves that prevent me from blowing everything up. I got into UA 3 years ago, passing the entrance exam with flying colors. I'm now staring my third year, my final year at UA before becoming a hero. At the same time, my younger brother Katsuki is also coming to UA, starting his first year.

Ever since I got my quirk all those years ago, it's been my biggest dream to become a hero. I was so excited the day I was accepted into UA, of course. My father clapped his hands with glee, my mother simply shrugged and said the same thing she always does.

"Work harder"

She's put this expectation on both myself and Katsuki to be the best and to eventually become the number one hero. Telling us that when we failed it's because we were weak or not strong enough, telling us our quirks weren't all that powerful.

Mine was never as bad as Katsuki's though. Because I was fortunate enough to be blessed with a quirk I can use whenever I want, Katsuki's quirk was a mix of our parents. Meaning, he couldn't just make things explode like me.

I think that's why we're so different.

Maybe if I was raised the same way, If I had the same amount of pressure on me, the same amount of yelling

Maybe I would have ended up like him

Hotheaded, angry, hyper attentive, you name it, it's Katsuki

I'm kinder, quieter, timid. Just like my father

Maybe that's why mom and Katsuki think I'm weak

I shake my head, taking a step into the school, looking for my friends, who are also known as the big three.

Mirio Togata. Age 18. Quirk: Permeation. By using his quirk, he can go through everything, even the ground, but not all at once.

Nejire Hado. Age 18. Quirk: Wave motion. She's able to convert her own vitality into energy and release it as extremely powerful shock waves.

Tamaki Amajiki. Age 18. Quirk: Manifest. It allows him to manifest the characteristics of any food he eats. Cool right?

My three best friends. I'm only a bit behind them, but I vow that I will be just as powerful as them.

"Oh Y/n!" Nejire smiles, waving her hand to get my attention. I smiled seeing the three of them and walk in their direction

"Hi Nejire! Good to see you Mirio! And Tamaki" I smile as brightly as I can despite hearing the whispers of my peers about my younger brother.

"Good morning Y/n" Mirio waves. "We were just about to leave for class"

"Oh I see" He smiles and the three turn around, starting to walk to class.

My smile falls slightly as I follow behind them. I let out a low sigh, their backs facing me and my thoughts begin to fill my head. I've tried so hard ever since I was a child to be the best that I could, to make my mom proud, to make myself proud, to be on the same level as the three of them

But I guess I just can't 

They're the three most promising heroes of UA right now

Catch up to them? Who are you kidding Y/n

~After school~

"Oh are you leaving Y/n?" Nejire grabs my attention as I finish packing my bag 

"Yeah...I have something to do" 

"Awww I see...well see you tomorrow" She waves as she rushes out to catch up to Mirio and Tamaki

Right...they all have internships with pro heroes. Stop kidding yourself Y/n, they don't actually want to be friends with you, they just feel bad and want to keep their reputation as nice people.

As I walk out of the school, I see some of the first years. The son of endeavor, my brother, Izuku? Wow even he got into UA? Ahhh that sounded mean Y/n. I force a small smile on my lips as I start to walk home humming a small tune. I come at a crossroad, go home, or go clear my head. I smile a bit, starting to walk in another direction, unsure of where exactly I was going. About 10 minutes later I end up at a ledge, watching the sun set. The calm feeling makes me relax a bit as I lay down, the grass feeling cool against my skin. I feel a gust of wind, but I keep my eyes closed.

"Guess I'm not the only one who likes this spot" A voice speaks, causing me to open one eye. My face nearly loses all color when I realize who's talking to me.

The number 3 hero 

Hawks

I sit up wiping my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming. I blink multiple time as he cocks his head in confusion. "You alright kid?"

"Uh-yeah sorry I just never thought I'd be talking to the number 3 pro hero"

"Geez I'm not that famous yet" He runs a hand through his hair, letting out a breath. "The names Hawks"

"...Y/n. Y/n Bakugo" 

"Nice to meet you kid"

I pout. "I'm not a kid, I'm 18" 

"And I'm 22, so to me, you're a kid"

I let out a sigh, flopping on my back and throwing my arm over my eyes. "So what are you doing here? If you go to UA I'm sure you have better things to do. And being that you're 18, you're a third year aren't you?"

"You got it"

"Don't you have an internship?"

"Nope"

"Huh interesting"

"Not really." I move my hand to see him sitting beside me. "My quirk isn't all that great" I take my glove off and place my hand on a bush, making it explode.

"Not that great huh?"

I shrug, looking up at the sky, realizing it's gotten late. "I should get going, it's getting late. See you around" I wave, starting to walk away.

"Sure"

Once I get further away, I stop, gulping. That was so nerve wrecking. I let out a breath and realize that I'm already in front of my house. 

Today sure was interesting.