|00|

The Long Ass Wait
————————————————————

"Tick....tick....tick...."
I counted the seconds as they ticked by, watching, waiting.

The teacher, Mrs, Bloomberg droned on in the background. Something about politics I think, we were in history-

But I didn't care much to listen. I was just impatient. Soon I was drumming my fingers against the desk, begging the time to go by faster.

Why, you ask?

Because I had plans. Exciting plans, magnificent plans, plans that had my mother surprised because I never had plans!

And what could I say, I truly was a shut in. But come on, Tommy, my neighbor, had practically begged me to spend the night so we could play Minecraft.

Don't tell him I told you that-

Of course we played Minecraft together all the time, but this was special Minecraft. This was VR Minecraft.

Can you see why I'm so excited right now then?

My eyes darted around the room, landing on Mrs, Bloomberg after a moment.
She was still talking. Of course.

"Now the Queen-"
I stopped listening immediately. My Dad has a strange fascination with the Queen, I didn't need to hear anymore about her then I already did at home.

Come onnnn- Just shut up already! Look, see, it's ten past let out. So let me out, I have a date with a VR headset man!

If anybody looked my way, I'd feel sorry for them. And myself. Making the strange expressions I was? Anybody would be concerned for my sanity-

"Okay students, I know you're all eager for the weekend but we still have homework."

Oh g r e a t. I inwardly groaned, resisting the urge to violently smack my head against my desk

"It'll be a group assignment. You'll be in partners of two," Everyone seemed to get hyped to possibly choose their own partners, but I knew better. That look on Mrs Bloomberg's face told me everything I needed to know.

"Hold up. You won't get to choose your partners." WhAtd I jUst sAy?

I tuned in to actually listen, hoping I didn't get like, Chad who sat in the very back.
Nothing against him! He just...

He creeped me out okay. Pretty sure he still picked his own booger's as well-

Shivering at my own thoughts, I listened as she began to list off the pairs.

"Bobby Moore's and Regina George, Daniel Nicklaus and Oak Green..." It went on like this for awhile, and I hated how many students were in this class.

It always took forever.

"Isabelle Groves," I peeked up at my name. Yep, that was me. Isabelle Groves, though if you call me that I'll pinch you.- a sixteen year old high school student who never finished first year.

Smart aren't I?

"And William sparks."
I moved my gaze across the room curiously. I vaguely knew Will, he'd been my partner on more then one occasion.

He seemed alright- not weird or anything. Not that I had any real room to judge.

But I didn't leave my thoughts on him for long, my attention quickly bouncing back to the clock.

Oh my god, so close. I can taste my sweet victor-

"BRRRRRRRINGGGGGGG-"

——————————————————————

No- no, nope. This is not Bread, starting a second fanfiction, before the first has truly begun.

Nope. Not at all. I don't know what you're talking about.

I am completely innocent of putting too much on my plate, you're seeing things, it's late, it's like one am- why aren't you asleep yet? You should be. I'll go to sleep as well, just so you aren't lonely.

Just, ignore the tommy and tubbo thing, it's not actually happening. It's just- it's a dream. Yep. A dream.