|02|

Immediate Death
———————————————————

Sprinting at full speed to Tommy's house had been both my best, and worst idea of the year.
It had saved me from certain death via Tommy innit and whichever choice of torture he decided on.

But it had also been the stark reminder that I was not athletic.
I played video games all day- I was shit at anything that involved standing.

Huffing and puffing and bent over on his porch, grasping the doorknob for dear life.

"Holy- shit-"
Tommy wasn't far behind me, collapsing in a heap of lanky limps.
"Never again-"

I couldn't have agreed more, and joined him on the porch floor.

We laid there for awhile, catching our breath.
When dearest mother innit appeared in the door.

"Tom. Isabelle, get off the dirty floor."
The scolding hardly phased Tommy, who stayed on his back.

I however hopped to my feet, greeting the woman with a bright grin.
"Heya Mrs innit."
That wasn't her actual last name, but it had started as a joke on my end, with me calling everyone in Tommy's family some version of Innit.

It had just stuck I suppose.
"Hello Isabelle," I scowled. "Tom up- there's snacks inside if you two are hungry. Seriously Tom. Up."

I giggled, watching Tommy grumble and struggle to his feet.

I left him out there complaining, my stomach guiding the way to the kitchen.

"Oh my god- I'm gonna marry your mother-" I breathed out, staring on at the kitchen table in amazement.

I'd always known I loved that woman. But she truly amazed me sometimes.
Snacks was an understatement, this was a full blown course!

I stared in awe at the sandwiches and the bags of chips. The Cheetos, beef jerky and even a package of cupcakes.
Shoved to the side was an open container of lofthouse cookies.
I could feel my mouth salivating.
Holy shit I was in love.

I shot straight for the cookies. Tommy lingered for a moment before grabbing a few of everything.

Then with our prizes, we both retreated to his room.
Intending on actually playing that Minecraft I had originally tackled him for.

——————————————————————

I quite literally just got off of work. No literally- I just sat down outside the Wendy's across the street from my job waiting for my ride -I can't drive oops-

And what's the first thing I decide to do?
Update my damn book.

I'm a genius.
I would be updating out-lands right now if I could- but I'm in the middle of writing the next chapter for that so instead you can have whatever the fuck this is-

Cheers-