Chapter 5 [part 1]

He felt it too, I could see it in his expression. 

'Thank you,' he said with a smile. 'Maybe my gift is finding magic hunters in the middle of the woods. Or hiding them from the riders who are chasing them.'

'Comedy is not your thing either,' I said with sarcasm.

My pulse quickened at the suddenness with which his bedroom door opened.

Three sturdy, gigantic boys pounced on Russell. In a second, I realized that they must be his brothers.

Behind them, two identical little girls grabbed Russell by the legs. He couldn't even breathe, the way they were hugging him.

For a moment, I wondered how it would feel, to have so many people who were happy to see you. Sometimes I think if I had just had a little bit of my family's love, everything would have been different.

My thoughts were interrupted by the stares of those five people for whom I was still a stranger.

'Hello, I am Milaia,' I dared to introduce myself.

'Milaia has helped me hunt for dinner,' said Russell and added, 'she has helped all of us.'

To my surprise, everyone smiled at me and started to introduce themselves.

From what I could understand, the three brothers were named Aaron, Rich and Fredrick, while the little girls introduced themselves as Annette and Alyssa.

Aaron was the oldest of them all, about twenty-seven years old, a real man. He had brown hair, light grey eyes. Those eyes were apparently the family's personal mark. He was grateful that his brother had returned.

 He was grateful that his brother had returned

Rich followed him. In his mid-20s, he was the family joker. He had a joke for everything and the most contagious laugh I've ever heard. As for his image, he was practically the same as Aaron, only without the curls.

The one that caught my attention the most was Fredrick, the one who presented himself most calmly

The one that caught my attention the most was Fredrick, the one who presented himself most calmly. A little bit thinner than his brothers, he seemed serene and cautious. His hair was more like his brother Aaron's. However, he had an extra peculiarity, on his left cheek there was a scar, a sign of a past injury. I was quite intrigued that at only twenty-four years old, someone would have hurt him in that way.