Chapter 8 [part 1]

They were all happy with my answer.

I went into the cave without thinking twice. I let the others follow me while I spoke to them.

'How is it that the cave was cursed? I don't notice anything out of the ordinary.'

'There are legends, prophecies', someone answered, if I was right, Galaga.

The light was lost until we were left in the darkness itself. No matter how bad it looked, I kept walking and talking.

'You and your magic things, I can't really get used to it, ever since Russell...'

I stopped for a second to confirm what my ears had told me.

No one was with me.

They had stopped following me.

I was alone.

I didn't know what to do, I was confused for a moment and lost my way. In the darkness there was no front or back. I got scared like every person gets scared in the dark.

I thought I was in a void.

'I'm going to kill them.'

I stretched out my hands to try and feel some surface. I seemed to feel the wall of the cave. I leaned against it and walked. I don't know in which direction, but I didn't care. I had to keep moving. My eyes longed to find the light, a way out, something, anything.

Help me. I asked the voice, my senses, the breeze under my skin.

But I didn't feel anything.

'Where are you guys? It's not funny. Please help me, I am lost!' No one answered.

A hard surface suddenly surprised me. I almost hit my face against it. I slid my hand until I recognized what was in front of me.

It was a door.

How could there be a door inside a cave? It didn't make sense, but I wasn't in a position to ask questions. So, against my better judgment, I reached for the handle and opened the door.

My eyes could not understand what they were seeing.

I was in a castle.

When I tried to turn around, the door had disappeared. I didn't know where I was or how I got there, I just knew there was no turning back. So, I continued my journey.

It was a dream place. The marble floors looked like a sky below my feet, the candlesticks shone in all their splendor, and the windows showed a big and active village. There was gold everywhere I looked. Where was I?

 Where was I?

'Beautiful'. The word escaped my lips.

A person ran past me at full speed. He passed by so quickly that he did not see me.

'Sir, sir!' I said and followed him, I needed someone to tell me what was happening.

I ran after him until he reached a throne room. The giant doors opened for him and he kept running to the throne. I entered behind him. Even the guards at the doors were not aware of my presence.