CHAPTER-4

~~”Laut rahi woh beete dinon ki yaadein, vo baatein, vo afsana...Phir le ja rahi hai taqdeer un raahon par jahan se hum kabhi guzar chuke hain...Na jaane kab kaunsa kadam kahan le jaye...Kaunsi yaad kya samjha jaye...Kya yahi hai nayi shuruaat ya hai koi dhundhli si yaad…”~~

They reached the hotel. It was a beautiful place with a view of the Ganga Ghat in Rishikesh. Shehnaaz was busy adoring the place when her attention went on to what Sidharth and the receptionist were talking about.

Sidharth: Hi, we need two rooms till 9 PM tomorrow…
Receptionist: Sir, actually we have only one room left and that’s a couple room. This hotel is already booked for a business meeting to be held tomorrow morning. So sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you both can understand and adjust.
Sidharth was about to say ‘Yes’ when Shehnaaz interrupted and said, “No thanks...It’s okay we’ll find another hotel.” Sidharth pulled her to the side and said, “Tum kya keh rahi ho...Are you mad?? Hum raat bhar se ek truck mein phase thee...Itne thake hue hain...Freshen up tak nahi hue aur tumhe dusra hotel dhundhna hai abhi...Kaunsa tum mujhe jaanti nahi ho ke room share nahi kar sakti ek din ke liye…” Shehnaaz gave him a look and said, “Aise keh rahe ho jaise pehle kabhi Rishikesh nahi aaye hum...Yahin toh mile….” She abruptly stops saying this and straightaway moves towards the reception, takes the keys of the room and goes towards the lift followed by Sidharth. They were all quiet when the lift suddenly stopped and Shehnaaz landed in Sidharth’s embrace due to the sudden movement. They both share an intense eye lock when suddenly the lights also go off. Sidharth switched on his phone’s flashlight which suddenly reminded them of something and they smiled.
~~FLASHBACK~~
(12th August, 2016)
(MASQUERADE PARTY IS GOING ON...THE DECORATIONS AROUND ARE OF A DARK THEME...BLACK AND WHITE CURTAINS WITH WHITE FAIRY LIGHTS GIVING  THE PLACE A LIGHT GLOW….SHEHNAAZ IS DRESSED UP IN A MAROON OFF SHOULDER GOWN WHILE SIDHARTH IS WEARING A GREY COAT AND PANTS PAIRED WITH A BLACK SHIRT...BOTH HAVE ALREADY PICKED UP THE MASKS WHICH COVER THEIR EYES...THE HIDE AND SEEK BEGINS….)
Sidharth walks through the hall while thinking, “Vo kal jo ghat pe khadoos doctor mili thi vo yahan zaroor aayi hogi...Kisi medical conference ki baat kar rahi thi aur Rishikesh mein ek hi hai jiski yahan welcome party chal rahi hai...Aaj uss Anamika ka naam jaan kar hi rahunga...I love the people who challenge me...Log toh mujhse baat nahi kar paate aur ye kal vali madam toh sherni nikli…Chal Sidharth tu bhi koi kam nahi hai..Business mein aaj tak nahi haara toh ye doctor kya cheez hai...Bhala ho iss theme ka ke no one will recognise me…” He was lost in these thoughts when he saw Shehnaaz walking elegantly through the corridor towards the hall. She was also wearing her mask which covered just her eyes. He came out of his thoughts when the announcement for dance was made. Everyone had to dance with a person whose face would be revealed later according to the theme. All were dancing and the partners were changed, Shehnaaz came to Sidharth and Sidharth’s partner went to Shehnaaz’s colleague. Sidharth held her waist, pulled her closer and said, “Kal kya kaha tha ghat par tumne mujhe yaad hai…” Shehnaaz realised that he is the same guy she met yesterday, “Haan yaad hai...Aur tum sach mein unhi fake crowd ke logon mein se ho jo accidently haath mein aayi hui tareef bhi accept kar lete hain…” Sidharth smiled and said, “No Ms. Anamika...Bohot galat fehmi hai aapko mere baare mein...Mujhe haarna aur explanations dena dono hi pasand nahi hai...Aapko na jaane kyun main batana chahta hun ke I am not like the image you have formed of me.” She looked down and then to his face with a smile and said, “Agar tum itne hi competitive, acche aur honest hote toh yahan aake khud ko prove na kar rahe hote…Peecha kar rahe ho mera…” He turned her and now he was hugging her from back while dancing...He replied, “Main un logon ke baare mein pata laga hi leta hun jinse mujhe baat karni hoti hai ya milna hota hai...You are lucky to be out of those special people jinhe Sidharth Shukla khud dhundhta hai…” She laughed a bit and said, “Oh really...Par khud par itna guroor hona bhi acha nahi hota…Dr. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill ko convince karna itna aasan nahi hai Mr. Shukla…” Sidharth confidently said, “Aur agar maine tumhe convince karne ke saath saath apna bana liya toh…” They yet again changed the step...Now, Shehnaaz had her hands on his shoulders and he had his hands on her waist...She replied, “Impossible Mr. Shukla...Be ready to lose…” He said, “I never lose any challenge…” Shehnaaz couldn’t even reply and he disappeared at the end of the song just like a wave of wind. She thought, “Huhh...Bada aaya...Hoga koi king apne ghar pe par Dr. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill ko impress karna itna easy nahi Mr. Shukla...Game on…”
~~FLASHBACK ENDS~~
The lift starts working and they come back to reality.

KYA RISHIKESH AUR YAHAN KI MEMORIES LAYENGI INKO KAREEB??? STAY TUNED TO KNOW…
PROMO: They enter the room and the site mesmerises them for a while but then Shehnaaz and Sidharth’s eyes go on to the bed…………...Shehnaaz says, “Apni senseless baatein apne paas hi rakho samjhe…”
Don't forget to vote and comment!!