14

Today was Shadows 15th birthday. She was on her way from school. Remington and I had Sebastian, Emerson, Lonny, Jinxx, Jake, and CC come over for this. Well Lonny was already here for our new album that was coming out soon.

When she came home she ran to her room. I could sense her sadness and anger. I could hear her crying. "Shes sad and angry... I will be back." I run upstairs and knock on her door. She didnt open. "Shadow. Open the door. Call to me please." "Go away! You can't help." I sigh. I went to my room and grabbed a pin. I walked back to her room and messed with the lock until I got it open.

-trigger warning-

I walked in and see her cutting. He was losing a lot of blood. "Shadow stop!" I ran over to her but she wouldn't stop. "JAKE!" I call for Jake to come. He could make someone stop moving with his power. He only used it when he needed to.

All the boys came up. "Shit.." I hear Jinxx say. Jake ran to me and got her to stop moving. "Andy...Shadow!?" He ran over and looked at me. "Go back downstairs, we have this under control." He shook his head and Emerson came over. "Come on Rem, let's go." Emerson took Remington downstairs. I could hear him faintly crying.

I mean I dont blame him. I was crying myself. Seeing your daughter doing this to herself sucks. Not knowing what was going on with her and not knowing this was happening makes me think I'm failing to help. Failing as a parent. "CC, stop the bleeding. I'm going to throw this away and get bandages." He nods and I go to the bathroom and throw away the blade.

I start looking for the rest but cant find them. Insights and grab the bandages before walking into her room again. They wrapped her arm while I looked around her room. I still couldn't fine them. After Jake stoped using his power they went downstairs and Remington came up.

I was on the bed with Shadow. "Why?" She shakes her head. "Shadow...I can help, please just tell me." She shook her head. Whenever Remington didnt want to tell me anything when he was younger I could hold him in my arms and rock him back and forth.

I did exactly that. She tried to fight back but ended up giving in and crying in my arms. Once she calmed down she told me where the rest of the blades were. Remington grabbed then before throwing them all away.

"Can you tell us why you did it?" She nods. "Someone was calling me emo and weird because of the was I dress and the bands I listened to. They called you guys Faggots and it got me mad. I know not to take my anger out on them so when I came back I had a lot of built up anger and released some of it by doing this. People also were telling me I didn't belong here and I should die. They said no one cared about me." I sigh and hold her close. Remington hugs her too.

"Dont listen to them, they dont know what they are talking about. Next time talk to your school counselor, you dont need to tell them about the cuts just make sure they know your getting bullied and tell them that you need some time off of school work to focus on your breathing and to clear your mind. If they dont listen or help talk to us okay?" She nods and we get up.

"Now come downstairs. Look in the backyard." She walked downstairs with us behind her and he walked to the backyard. She smiled when she saw puppys. "We got 3 puppys. We were going to get 1 but they were brothers and they looked cute and we couldn't say no." Remington said. I scoff. "I could have said no to them. I just cant say no to you."  He smiles and I kiss him before looking back at Shadow who was now on the floor getting trampled by puppies.

A/N- I think I'm going to end the book here, kind of sad but I dont really have a ideo for a next chapter so I'm sorry. Anyway stay safe ♡