Chapter 3: Welcome to the Southern Water Tribe!

[No one's POV]
Aang was tossing and turning on the mat he was sleeping on, due to a past nightmare..

[Dream]
Aang uncomfortably turns around and a look of guilt crosses his face. The camera switches to another wide shot of Appa swimming through the vast sea, reflecting the brilliant sunlight.

The scene switches to a dream of Aang's, colored in various shades of gray. Aang is sleeping on Appa's saddle while clouds build around and ahead of him. Lightning splits the sky and the rumble of the following thunder awakens him.

He shoots up and looks around. In the next shot it is raining and Aang is sitting on Appa's head again, holding the reigns and screaming at the top of his lungs in terror while they go down. Appa and Aang splash into the waters of the ocean. Appa resurfaces again, growls, but is quickly subdued anew by another wave.

Both Aang and Appa sink unconscious into the water. As Aang releases the reigns and drifts off, his eyes and tattoos suddenly start to glow brightly. He slams his fists together, creating a bluish-white sphere that encases Appa and himself. As the air sphere slowly solidifies into an icy globe, a voice permeates the dream.

???: Aang? Aang! Wake up!

Aang shoots up, throwing the covers of his body and gasping for air. Katara and y/n perches beside him and stands up as she sees that Aang is awake.

Y/n: Everything is ok, Aang.

Katara: We're in the village now! Come on, get ready. *She points to the door of the tent.* Everyone's waiting to meet you.

Aang happily gets out of bed and starts to dress himself while Katara takes a step toward the door. Before she exits, however, she glances back at Aang and gasps, staring in wonder at the blue, arrow-shaped tattoos that trace his arms and legs and reach up his back and to his head. Before Aang is able to get up, Katara pulls him and y/n along by their arms to meet the rest of the village.

The boys is dragged out the tent toward a small congregation of villagers. They passes Sokka, who is sitting at the side of the tent, sharpening his boomerang.

Katara: Aang, Y/n.. this is the entire village. *Points to the line of villagers in front of them* Entire village, Aang.

Aang bows respectfully toward the villages, but they cower away in fear, bringing a surprised look to Katara and Aang's faces. Sokka just watches from a distance.

Aang: * feels uncomfortable* Uh, why are they all looking at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me?

Aang checks his clothing while an elderly woman steps forward out of the line of villagers. This was Katara and Sokka's partenal grandmother, Kanna. Or Gram-Gram for her

Gram-Gram: Well, no one has seen an airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct, until my granddaughter and grandson found you.

Aang: *shocked in disbelief* Extinct?

Gram-Gram: *looks towards Y/n* Who might you be, young man?

Y/n: Y/n..Y/n Bordeaux.

Katara: *Gesturing* Aang, Y/n..this is my grandmother.

Gram-Gram: *Flatly, with a dull look on her face* Call me Gran-Gran.

Sokka walks toward Aang and abruptly snatches his staff out of his hands and starts to examine it.

Sokka: *Annoyed.* What is this, a weapon? You can't stab anything with this!

Aang: *he uses a small air current to get his staff back.* It's not for stabbing! It's for airbending.