Chapter 4: Now..it's Showtime

[Before we start the chapter, I'm just gonna point out that Katara will not be in the Harem. I'll let the KataraxAang pairing live in my book. With that, let's get into this chapter]

The scene changes, showing a side-view of Zuko's ship as it makes its way through the icy waters. Aang, Zuko, Iroh and some of Zuko's men are standing on deck. Aang's hands are bound behind his back while Zuko holds Aang's staff.

Zuko: This staff will make an excellent gift for my father. *Inspects the staff further* I suppose you wouldn't know of fathers, being raised by monks. *To his soldiers* Take the Avatar to the prison hold, *Handing the staff to Iroh* and take this to my quarters.

Iroh takes the staff and looks at it for a moment while Zuko walks away.

Iroh: *Turns to one of Zuko's men and gives him the staff; casually* Hey, you mind taking this to his quarters for me?

The firebender accepts the staff and Iroh walks away. Aang is pushed forward by two of the soldiers and he grunts as they roughly shove him ahead. A side-view shows how Aang is being taken below while Iroh and the firebender carrying Aang's staff are walking toward a door leading to the upper decks. A close-up of Aang as his group begins descending a staircase leading to compartment beneath the deck. Cut to a shot from Aang's point of view as he descends the staircase, the outside world disappearing from view. He tries to keep an eye on his staff for as long as possible.

The scene switches for a moment to an overview shot of the ship as it makes its way through the water, flanked by large icebergs, before changing back to the cuffed Aang walking through a corridor on the lower deck. He walks down a corridor, one soldier before him, one following after him.

Aang: *Slyly* So, I guess you've never fought an airbender before. I bet I could take you both with my hands tied behind my back.

Firebender: *Unamused* Silence.

The party stops and Aang observes the soldier in front of him preparing to unlock a door. As the guard in front of him begins to unlock the cell, Aang inhales deeply and unleashes a powerful breath, stunning both of them. The firebender before him slams into the door subsequently knocked out from the impact. Aang is sent several feet back, slamming into the guard behind him.

They both fly back even further, where they crash into the stairs. The soldier behind Aang is also knocked out by the impact, while Aang propels himself onto the deck and kicks open a door using airbending. He quickly runs down the hallway, panting heavily. He tosses a frightened look over his shoulder, afraid that he is being followed. Cut to a shot of the helmsman overlooking the deck. A soldier emerges from the lower deck and addresses him.

Firebender: The Avatar has escaped!

The helmsman immediately turns around and runs as Aang is frantically running through the corridors. He stops in his tracks and yells when he encounters three soldiers standing with swords drawn in the middle of the corridor.

Aang: You haven't seen my staff around, have you?

The three men prepare to attack him, but before they can make a move, Aang sprints across the hallway at the speed of wind, along the floor and the walls, spiraling in circular patterns past the soldiers, through their legs, and manages to escape, leaving the soldiers looking dumbfounded.