28

Kasey's POV

Once I opened the door I was smashed on the shoulder with a wine bottle.

"You slut!" My father yelled. "Who do you think you are, bringing someone home? You're not pregnant, are you?"

I winced and shook my head.

I opened my mouth to talk, but I was interrupted by Jace.

"DON'T TALK TO MY MATE LIKE THAT BASTARD!" He said, his eyes darkening and canines out.

My father quivered in fright and nodded quickly.

I saw my mother coming downstairs, probably wondering what happened.

I smiled. "Oh look, the whole crew's here. Now can you wonderful bitches tell me what you know about vampires, werewolves, Lucifer, or anything supernatural?"

I twirled my necklace around. "Or this?"

They shook their heads, but my mother came forward, slapping me. "Who do you think you are, talking to us like that?"

Jace immediately punched her. Hard.

I raised my eyebrows. "Now?"

My coward father spoke up. "You aren't our real daughter."

I scoffed. "Of course. You guys aren't fit to be parents."

My mother glared at me and struggled to stand up.

Serves you right.

"You were left on our doorstep," she was interrupted by me.

"Ah, another Harry Potter story. I wonder who's the Dumbledore," I rolled my eyes.

My non-mother continued. "It told us that we have to keep you safe, and you have to keep moving so the beasts won't get to you. We didn't want to listen until we were attacked the very night. after that, we knew the pattern. We tried to kill you, but every time we tried, we would magically stop breathing."

Jace's eyes flashed back and forth. "Would you mind if I killed them?" He whispered.

"What a gentleman," I said sarcastically. "No, I don't care."

"Good." He shifted into a wolf and leaped at my non-parents. I grinned at the sight. What horror.

Thank god they're gone.

He shifted back, naked. I covered my innocent eyes. "Cover yourself up please."

I scoffed and mumbled, "I should've known better."

"Werewolf hearing!" He said. "Oh, and it's okay to look now."

I uncovered my eyes. "So? Where to?"

"First, tell me if they've been hitting you from day one," he asked, caressing my cheeks.

"Yes, they've been doing that from day one, now. Can we go?" I asked.

"So your terrible makeup covered up those bruises and cuts?" He asked softly.

I nodded. "So where are we going?" I asked, changing the subject.

"To the pack house." He said, grinning.

"Great, I'm going to live in a huge house deep in the dark woods full of flea infested wolves. How wonderful." Told you sarcasm is my best friend.

Jace chuckled. "Yes, but you're not that different from 'flea infested wolves.' You're a horse yourself. Stinky animals, they are."

I gaped at him. "Are you saying that I stink?"

He raised his hands up in mock surrender. "You said it, not me!"

I shoved him. "Hmph."

He laughed harder, and I couldn't help but start laughing too.

It was nice being normal.

Well, as far as normal can go.

***

The end! And they live happily, ever after...

•V

•O

•T

•E

•&

•C
•okay, I give up.
•vote and comment!

Haha, just kidding, this is going to be a roller coaster. Hold on tight, the ride isn't over yet!