31

Oops, sorry for the a million POV switches...

***
Kasey's POV

Jace squeezed the water out of the wet towel and lifted it to my forehead. I relaxed when the freezing cold towel reached my head.

"Thanks," I croaked. My whole body felt weak and very, very, hot. Flaming hot.

That reminds me of flamin' hot Cheetos.

I weakly lifted my hand to the door. "I...want...flamin'...hot...cheeeetooooos." My hand plopped back on the bed.

Jace sighed. "You are still sick. You can't eat Flamin' Hot Cheetos when you are sick. Maybe get better and we could talk."

I groaned, shutting my eyes and turning to the side.

Right after, I heard the door open and two figures come near my bed.

"Oh my gosh Kasey! Are you okay?" I heard Kristen. I turned back to their side and I saw Jace's mom.

"Hii...guys," I muttered.

Skylar gasped and her mouth was like a fish out of water.

That reminds me of fish chips...

I slammed my eyes shut and tried not to imagine all the things I could not have.

"What? My soup...it didn't work?" Skylar said, sounding horrified.

"It's...fine..." I tried to reassure her. "It's...not...your fault."

Jace let them hug me and he shooed them out, saying I had to rest.

Goddamn lucky werewolves.

Jace kissed me on thee forehead and hugged me tightly. "I hope you feel better..."

I tried to nod, but I felt too weak. My eyes fluttered while I tried to stay awake.

"Go to sleep sweetheart..." he said, kissing me on the forehead again.

My eyes shut and I finally fell asleep.

Skylar's POV

I sighed, looking at my mate. "I felt so bad, seeing her on the bed, so sickly."

Luis rubbed my arm, trying to comfort me. "You know it's for the best," he said.

I glanced outside the window. "Yes, but I still feel so guilty..."

He kissed me. "I do too, but we have to remember that this is for their own happiness."

Jace's POV

"Yes Oscar?" I looked at my best friend in annoyance.

"Look, I know you're frustrated because your mate is sick, but I got news," he said.

"What." I said, frowning.

"It sounds serious..." Howler said.

I nodded at him. "Yup."

So I was walking past your parents office when I overheard their conversation," he started.

I had a feeling I wouldn't like what he was going to say. Howler rumbled in agreement.

"Your mom was saying how guilty she felt, while your father was saying that it was the best, that it was for your happiness? It sounded suspicious and I had a feeling they had something to do with your mate being sickly." He reported.

"Thank you Oscar," I stood up and walked out my room, Howler growling and immediately taking control.

I stormed into my parents office and slammed the door shut. "What did you do to Kasey?" I demanded harshly.

"Jace, calm down." My father said, taking note of my clenched fists, my flashing eyes, my elongating claws, and my canines.

"Howler," I growled.

"Yes, Howler," he corrected himself.

I growled again. "What. Did. You. Do. To. My. Mate!"

My mother rubbed my arm, trying to calm me down. I almost scoffed.

"Look, this was the best for you guys," she said.

"What!" I snarled.

"I found a potion that would delay the process of your mate shifting into a dark rider, so she could spend more time with you. Since she had a voice talking to her, which we figured out that was Lucifer, we also found out that she would be taken away from you very soon. We wanted you to be happy, so I mixed the potion into the soup I gave her two days ago. This potion would give her side effects but they would subside after about two days. It would make her weaker, but this is so she doesn't shift into a dark rider," she explained.

"But she would still have to leave?" I growled.

My mom nodded.

I stormed outside and shifted, shredding my clothes.

I needed to calm myself down and try not to kill anyone.

Kasey's POV

I opened my eyes to see a shining light. "Who're you?" I asked.

I saw someone I assumed to be God, and another person who looked like a Goddess.

"Your assumptions are right, my dear. I am the Moon Goddess, mother of the wolves and this is God," she smiled calmly.

I saw God open his mouth to say something, but then the Moon Goddess stomped on his foot.

She smiled at me, trying to cover that up. I wrinkled my nose in confusion.

"You are in the wrong place my dear. Heaven wasn't made for you. You are supposed to do great things somewhere else. Leave and rest. You will wake up when you are fully refreshed." She lifted her hand up and snapped.

The last thing I saw was her and God waving, and her yelling. "Visit soon!"

Then I slipped into darkness again.

Unknown POV

"Urgh, these puny little werewolves. Think they're so smart?" I glared at the scene. Now I couldn't take her! Well, not that I was planning to anyways for now...

But since they did that I am going to snatch her at any chance I get! They will learn not the mess with me!

"Great, you have your big ego face on. And your 'I have a huge head' face. I could just imagine what you are thinking." My sister said annoyingly.

I huffed. "Sister, have you found an Uno Reverse Card for the potion yet?"

She rolled her eyes. "We've been trying to find one for millions of years. Literally. Millions. And we didn't get so far. Actually, we didn't get anywhere."

I sighed. "Great. We'll have to wait a very long time now."

"Only for 3-5 days..." she said.

"We're not even sure!" I threw my hands up, exasperated.

"Take a chill pill. Just wait for a few days. You're a big boy." She flicked my head, walking away.

"If you were anyone else, your head would be decaying on the ground by now!" I hollered.

She chuckled back. "Then good thing I'm not 'anyone else!'"

***

They're fun. Thoughts?

𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩! 𓃰