introducing Jayla Bennett🍃

Jayla Bennett is my crazy ass cousin who's always looking for good time. Now more than ever since her parents sent her to go live with me after she got kicked out of school for sneaking around with a teacher.

Jayla did always say she had a thing for older women... and men. She's always been a free spirit but her parents couldn't handle it after she turned 16.

On Jayla's 16th birthday her twin sister Jess, her best friend and partner in crime, was murdered. The murderer, was an old friend of their father and when some of their father's money was missing in the pockets of the murderer. He got mad and took Jess' life.

Jayla will always blame her father for her sister's death. And everyone knew she wasn't really wrong, his gambling problem seemed to be the root of most of their problems.

Jayla didn't know how to mourn her sister's death correctly and found herself acting out even more then she wanted too.

Her parents don't really know what to do with her anymore. So they passed her off to Leslie, my mom.
~
"Bye mom..." Jayla took a moment before she continued. "Bye dad." Jayla waved to her parents as she got out the car and made her way to the trunk to get her luggage.

She didn't want to waste any time because she couldn't stand her parents. So as soon as she brought out her luggage, she rushed to the door. She knocked three times to let Rue know she was there. And the second Rue opened the door, Jayla rushed in and shut it behind her. All to hear a knock a few seconds later.

"Sorry baby but you're not getting rid of us that easy. Leslie and I need to lay down some rules." Jane said as Jayla opened the door with Rue by her side. Jayla sighed and walked over to the kitchen where Rue's mom Leslie was. "Hey Les how has life been treating you?" Jane asked Leslie as she sat down next to Jayla.

"Same old, same old..." Leslie and her sister began to speak as Jayla got up and moved over to Rue. Rue was standing awkwardly picking at the skin near her nails. Jayla cleared her throat to gain Rue's attention.

"Yes?" Rue asked still looking down at her hands. Jayla rolled her eyes and picked up Rue's head with fingers. Jayla began to wiggle her eyebrows into waves like she always did because she knew the inevitable outcome. Rue's face grew an uncontrollable smile. "Ugh, fuck you i don't know how you do that so smooth." Rue laughed out.

"I missed you bitch!" Jayla said as she pulled Rue into a hug. "Now let's continue this chat upstairs before Janezilla ruins my mood for the third time today—" Jayla said as pulled Rue's arm and took her to the stairs. But as soon as Jayla's foot hit the first step she heard her mom clear her throat.

"Uh uh uh. Jayla I thought I already told you we had some rules to lay down before I left. That's one of the things you need to work on... listening." Jane said as she looked at her daughter. Jane began to move to the couch with Leslie.

Jayla and Rue were quick to follow by example. " So, no drinking, no vaping, no drugs, no partying, no boyfriends or girlfriends, no 'secret links' with ANY teachers. Do I make myself clear?" Jane said as she looked her daughter dead in the eye. Jayla also looked her mother in the eye unfazed.

She soon slouched down into her seat and nodded as she saw her aunt do nothing to stop her like she usually did. She thought her aunt would at least cut her some slack. She was so annoyed, even a five year old has more fun than that.

"Hey, at least you'll have a sobriety buddy. Rue won't be doing most of that either. Isn't that right Rue?" Leslie asked her daughter who had completely zoned out. Rue did the exact emotionless nod Jayla did moments before.

"Y'know I'm a teenager right?" Jayla asked her mom. "This isn't fair... I can't even go to a party? What the fuck do you expect me to do? Read, c'mon be serious for a second." Jayla scoffed as she laid her head on her knees. Gia's muffled laugh was heard far behind, Rue let out a chuckle too. Leslie and Jane both scuffled around uncomfortably.

"First off. Watch your mouth, and I wish I could trust you enough to let you live a 'fun life' but you don't seem to understand boundaries." Jane said annoyed as she looked at Jayla rolling her eyes. "You want to party? Fine, but I hope you know you'll be joining Rue in her annual drug testing." Jane said trying to compromise with her daughter.

"Fine. Whatever! I won't fucking party, you happy?" Jayla said as she took off up the stairs. "What's up Gigi?" She said bumping into a hiding Gia, who was obviously eavesdropping. Gia started to die laughing as she walked behind her older cousin.

"You know I'm doing this because I love you baby!" Jane yelled out to Jayla who was already in her room. Leslie hugged her sister goodbye and sighed as she closed the door. Boy was this going to be a hell of a ride.

___________________________
Hi y'all!!
I hope you guys like the first chapter :)
_________________________