nathaniel🍃

When Jayla got back home she insisted they watch a movie because of the snacks she brought. Rue didn't have anything better to do and Gia just wanted the food, so Jayla put on "10 Things I Hate About You" and grabbed a tub of ice cream from the freezer.

"I see you're still into the classics." Rue chuckled as she took one of the spoons from Jayla's hand. Gia plopped herself beside Jayla and grabbed a packet of M&M's before putting her legs over Jayla and Rue, with her long ass self.

     "The classics are just so much better than the cringey crap people come up with these days." Jayla said chewing on a cherry gummy. Gia agreed silently and they began to watch the movie. Agreeing with all of the shit Kat Stratford said and drooling over Heath Ledger.

Then they played a couple more movies from the 90's and early 2000's because Jayla couldn't stand the shit they came up with on Netflix.

Leslie came home from work and smiled to see everyone home and out of trouble.
~
     The next morning rolled up and Jayla got ready to skate around in the park. Rue fought to stay home so she could watch Love Island which made Jayla mad, but she just left it. Jayla put on a comfortable outfit so she could bust her ass when she did tricks on her skateboard.

     After a while she got tired so she started to skate towards the corner store, hoping to see fez. Instead a car stopped in front of her and before she freaked the fuck out, she gave a sigh of relief because it didn't take her long to realize who it was. Nate Jacobs.

  Nate Jacobs and Jayla Bennett. They aren't a surprising pair. Their personalities going together oddly well. Jayla met him through Maddy and instantly thought he was attractive. Jess on the other hand didn't.

Jess had spot on intuition and once she got a "vibe" from someone, it was rare that she was wrong, but Jayla didn't care. Nate and Jayla ended up becoming close friends because Jayla was all about girl code and Maddy obviously had heart eyes for him.

Still Nate Jacobs found Jayla extremely mesmerizing and couldn't get enough of her. He always thought that it was a fun little game for them, when in reality Jayla was just a flirt but knew better than to mess with someone Maddy had her eyes on.
~
     Jayla came to a halt as the car come to a stop. Once the car door opened, sure enough Nate Jacobs walked out. "Wait a minute! Jayla Bennett is that you?" Nate asked stretching out the A, looking down at her.

Their height difference was ridiculous, and people didn't know if it was because he was super tall or if it was because she was super short. In the end it was a little bit of both, Jayla barely reached 5'5 and Nate was 6'5.

     "Nate Jacobs?! Who would've thought." Jayla laughed out and reached up to hug him. He grew even more handsome than the last time she saw him and he could say the same about her. Jayla had a pretty face and a teeny waist, puberty did them both wonders.

     "Hey, uh how's everything been since... you know." Nate asked awkwardly. Jayla silently wished he wouldn't have asked that, but she wasn't surprised. That seemed to be a reoccurring question everyone had. Well everyone who knew about it, of course.

      "I've been as good as I could be. I mean shit I can't seem to stick to one place, but that's all on me." Jayla joked, not meeting Nate's eyes. That seemed to be a thing Jayla did... making light of a dark situation.

They started to talk for a little while, reminiscing on the good ole days. Still they ended up speaking about Jess again. This time Nate was the one to abruptly change the topic.

     "Wanna chill with me and McKay, his parents are out so we're just gonna hang." Nate asked, trying to steer away from the previous topic. And as much as Jayla wanted to she knew she couldn't. She had been out long enough, talking to Nate and all.

      "Is Maddy gonna be there?" Jayla asked. She always wondered where they stood. When they weren't sucking each other's faces off in front of her then they were basically wishing death upon one another. Both made Jayla extremely uncomfortable.

      "Nah, honestly fuck Maddy." Nate rubbed the back of his neck as he said it. "Honestly i don't even know how you're friends with that slut." Nate continued. That's what pushed Jayla off the edge, still she didn't want to make a scene. They were in public after all.

Nate couldn't seem to wrap his head around the fact that even though they were friends, she could never and would never shit talk girls with him. Or with anyone for that matter. Especially not Maddy. Jayla laughed to herself knowing that she could treat Maddy better.

But everyone knows they're going to continue this off and on shit until they turn 30.

      She scoffed and picked up her skateboard. "Let's not slut-shame my friend, okay... I'll see you later Nathaniel." Jayla said as she started to walk off in the other direction. Nate just watched her walk off, dumbfounded.

She had felt something in her chest, something she guessed Jada used to feel too. She knew that there was something different this time about him... something off.

                  ______________________
I've been missing so i decided to add a couple more chapters today.
Also please no silent readers, I need the motivation:(
                 _________________________