章4

Jungkook

You nervously watched as your classmates were called up one by one to come find their destined wands, as well as hearing each explanation on what the wands were made of, which automatically lead you into making a mental note for yourself to study up more about wands and their materials.

A soft smile spread on your lips as Jimin happily came back to his seat next to you, holding his wand and showing it to you in amazement

(Jimin's wand)

Jimin: It looks so cool doesn't it?

Jungkook: Yeah, it really fits you Jimin-ah!

The harsh tone from your professor nearly made you flinch as he soon called out to you, signaling your dreaded turn was here

Mr.Han:
Jeon, come on forward and find your wand.

You let out a shaky nervous breath as you slowly made your way up to the front of the class 

Of course you're the last one to pick... Alright just-... Fake pick something and then uh- pretend you're just really bad at spells? Yeah...

Mr.Han: You were the one who answered the question earlier correctly, say have you used a wand before?

You shook your head slowly as you fidgeted with your hands lightly

Jungkook: No sir, I was just curious about them so I studied a little bit.

He nodded before stepping aside gesturing towards the hundreds of wand boxes

Mr.Han: Very well, take your pick Jeon.

As your eyes hesitantly scanned all the boxes, you could feel the lingering stare from all your classmates burning holes into your back as they excitedly waited to see what your pick was going to be. Meanwhile, you were trying not to panic, unlike everyone else you didn't hear anything call out to you, nor did you feel like something was pulling you towards it, literally nothing.

Not that you're surprised but still...

You scanned the boxes feeling your heartbeat increase as time was ticking yet you still hadn't made your choice... Until your eyes landed on a specific box that had moved slightly more forward than the rest of the boxes, it must've been dragged out after a wand box below it had been removed earlier, but nonetheless, that was enough for you as you took your chances and walked towards it slowly, finally grabbing it.

After carefully opening the box revealing the pretty wand, professor Han approached you before picking it up as he scanned it curiously, humming softly as he nodded 

(Jungkooks wand)

Mr.Han: Interesting choice Jeon... This wand hasn't been picked in over 20 years.

He held the wand as he looked at it closely examining it

Mr.Han: This wand has a phoenix core and poplar tree combination as well as an amethyst crystal at the end, the crystal has great purpose and a deep spiritual connection. It's a very powerful wand so handle it with care.

You visibly gulped and nodded as he handed the wand back to you before gesturing for you to go sit back down, and so you slowly headed back to your seat whilst the other students whispered lightly at your pick.

Out of all the wands, why did you have to pick a powerful one?! This is just your luck...

Jimin patted your back as he smiled looking at your wand in amazement

Jimin: Woah Jungkook-ah that's so cool, I can't believe that's the wand that chose you!

You smiled at him before lowering your head as you looked at the wand in your hands,  mumbling to yourself softly as you huffed in disbelief

Jungkook: Yeah me either...

Mr.Han cleared his throat as he looked at all of you, waiting for everyone to settle before proceeding with the lecture

Mr.Han: Now we'll start by practicing some light spells, starting with the levitation spell ''Wingardium Leviosa'', use it on your textbooks in front of you.

After the professor showed everyone how the spell should be executed, you silently watched as everyone started trying to use the spell on their textbooks, most of them only being able to lift the book a little before it fell back down onto the desk, Jimin tried as well and he did get it to levitate for a bit but it quickly fell back down.

Mr.Han who had been pacing around the desks, soon came to a halt next to you as he glanced down at you 

Mr.Han: Arent you going to try it Jeon? Or are you scared of failing.

Yes terrified actually, you thought to yourself, but you tried your best to hide that fear as you shook your head

Jungkook: No sir, I'll try.

The grip around your wand momentarily tightened lightly as you took a deep breath in whilst eyeing the textbook in front of you

Okay just try and then blame it on needing more practice... 

After trying to calm your nerves as much as possible, you gently swayed your wand the same way your professor had demonstrated and pointed it at the book as you spoke out the spell ''Wingardium Leviosa''...

...and to your surprise, the book slowly began lifting before levitating steadily in the air.

This instantly earned surprised gasps from other fellow students that watched in awe as you slowly let it back down gently, you slowly looked up at your professor who nodded calmly in slight surprise yet approval

Mr.Han: Well well, won't you look at that, good work Jeon.

He turned towards the rest of the class as he spoke

Mr.Han: Anyone can throw out a spell and wave a wand, but it's all about concentration and saying it correctly. Keep practicing everyone, I want to see everyone be able to lift their books before we move on to the Lumos spell.

-

I mentioned this in the really first ''chapter'' of this book, but I'm gonna say it again

While this book is inspired by Harry Potter
(ex. spell names and the wands and such)

Unlike someone, I actually support transgender lifes and rights ❤️

-