We'll take either

I'm almost 5 months pregnant now and we're sitting in the doctors office waiting to find out the sex of the baby. I won't admit it to Brad, but I'm kinda hoping it's a girl. I've always wanted a little girl so I could do all kinds of fun things with her like play with her hair, dress up, her makeup and everything else. He says that he's happy with either, but I know that he would like a girl too, he's said before that she would be his princess and I know that's true. I'm really starting to get anxious waiting for the doctor. She's almost 30 minutes later because of being busy, and I understand that, but I'm also really excited to see the baby.

Brad moves his chair over closer to where I'm sitting on the exam table and holds my hand. We're both so exited and nervous at the same time. Really all we want is for our baby to be healthy. He knows how nervous I am and squeezes my hand making me aware that he's here for me.

The doctor finally walks in apologizing repeatedly for being late and we tell her it's no big deal. She gets to work by asking me some routine questions about how I'm feeling and about the baby.

"Have you felt any movement yet?"

"Kicking and sometimes when I'm laying down I can feel a little other movement."

"How often is the kicking?"

"At least once an hour. If I'm sitting on the couch or laying it's a lot more frequent."

"Okay, great." She puts away my chart and stands up "If I could have you lay down and lift your shirt up please."

I do as she says and look over at Brad who I'd watching fiercely what the doctor is doing. She gets the machine set up and pits some gel on me "Do you guys want to know the sex?"

"Yes." Brad says looking up at me then back at the screen. She moves the want around for a while until we finally see it. Our baby. The heart beat echos through the room and I can't help but cry a little. Brad sits up a little so he can see better and points out that you can see the baby kicking.

"If I can get a little bit if a better look I'll be able to tell you in a few minutes." The baby is moving around too much for the doctor to get a good enough picture, which means we have to wait. Finally after what seems like forever the baby stops moving and the doctor is able to get a good look. She studies the screen for a little and zooms in then turns it for Brad and I to see "It's a girl!" She tells us.

I cover my mouth in disbelief. I knew I was pregnant but it's finally all coming to me. We're gonna have a baby girl. I look over at Brad who is staring at the screen with one of the happiest looks ever "I can't belive this." I say "I'm so happy!"

He leans over me and kisses me "Me too!"

She finishes everything she has to do and tells me I can sit back up. I get weighted and measured to make sure she's growing okay.

"Everything looks great." She says as she does a run through of the chart "I'd like to see you again in a few weeks."

We thank her and get up to leave. I can't stop thinking of the baby girl that will be here in 4 months. Brad keeps looking over at me taking his eyes off the road and making me nervous, but when I see him it makes me happy that he's just as excited as me. It amazes me how excited he can be, he's been great these past 5 months and I'm so exited to see how good he is with her.

"So," he asks as we're pulling into the driveway "Are we still using the name we had picked?"

I think about it and we both really liked that name "Briella Skye. I still really like it."

He leans over the consul when we're parked and kisses me "I can't wait to meet Briella."