It's time you meet each other

I've decided that since I really want my mom in Briella's life that I should have her and Brad meet. They haven't ever talked to each other before and I'm really scared something will go wrong. I can trust Brad that he'll be good and I really hope my mom will be as well, but sometimes she has no filter. We're on the plane to New York, and Brad is asleep next to me. I should probably try to sleep too since lately I've been tired all the time, but my mind is going crazy with different situations. What if she doesn't like him and we end up not talking again? What if he doesn't like her? What if we try to make it work out but can't? Brad keeps telling me that I need to stop worrying about it, but this means so much to me. I just want it all to be over with, and luckily it will be soon.

Brad wakes up and sees that I'm sitting there staring our the window and I feel him wrapping his arm around me and laying his hand on my belly. He loves doing that to feel her move and kick and something about it calms me down. I turn to face him and he pulls me closer to him so that my head is laying on his shoulder "You need to sleep, it'll all be okay." I fall asleep soon after.

I'm woken up by Brad when we land. I grab my purse and carryon and wait for him to get his before we make our way through the airport. He gets our other luggage and we find our car and get in to drive to my mom's house. Out of no where it hits me what's going on and that it's going to happen within minutes and I start to feel really nauseated.

"Do you want me to pull over?" Brad asks concerned knowing what's going on. I shake my head and he finds the first spot he can "Do you want some water?"

I don't say anything, just grab a bag and open the door throwing up into the bag. I stay leaned over for a minute until I feel okay then tie up the bag and get the water Brad is offering me to wash my mouth "I think I'm okay now."

He takes the bag and throws it away giving me some time to calm down. I watch as he walks back and gets in his seat and starts to drive. The roads start to get more and more crowded as we get closer to the city and some paparazzi find us following us.

"Brad try to get away from them. I don't want them knowing yet."

"I'm trying." He replies turning so we're in an alley "I'm don't know my way around here like they do."

We turn down another road and lose one of them but the second is still following us getting closer and closer. The road comes to an end and Brad turns around and goes through an almost completely hidden alley leaving the paparazzi surprised and we lose them. He finally starts to slow down and drives like a normal person but still goes back roads until we get to my mom's house. We pull into the small driveway and she is sitting on her porch reading the paper waiting for us.

I do a really quick run through of my hair and makeup to make sure I look decent after the flight and also make sure Brad looks okay before he gets out. He gets our luggage from the trunk and I get my purse and the carryons against his will. He's been really protective of me and never wants me carrying things. I gear footsteps and turn around to see my mom standing there waiting for us offering her hand for help.

"Let me help you with those." She says taking one of the bags from me and walking over to Brad "Do you need any help?"

"No thanks, I think I'm okay." He says shutting the trunk once he has everything out. My mom leads us into her house and we all stand in the living room. It's one of those awkward situations where none of us know what to say.

My mom sits down and motions for us to do the same "So, you're Brad." She looks at Brad smiling "I've heard a lot about you."

"Mostly good things, I hope." He says causing us all to laugh a little "I've heard a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet."

Things are going good so far, and I feel like I can breathe. Slowly I'm becoming less and less nervous as I listen to them talking to each other. I watch as they both smile as they talk about different things I feel like I got my wish.

I remember something I wanted to show her and pull the album out of a bag "I thought you would want to see these. They're our wedding pictures."

"Thanks." She takes the album from me carefully looking through all of them. I watch as he expression changes with each picture she sees. Some she laughs at, some she smiles and some I can tell make her wish she was there, and seeing that makes my heart sink. We've already talked about it and both agreed it's probably good she wasn't there because of our relationship at the time, but a part of me still wishes she was there.

"You both look so happy. It seems like it was an amazing day." She leaves the room for a minute then comes back with a big bag and hands it to us "I know it's a little past your anniversary, but I wanted to buy you something, and there's something for the baby too."

Brad leans over to pick up the bag and we open it together. The first thing is a crystal picture frame. It's beautiful, and the perfect size for our living room. We already have one of our wedding, but it will be great for us and Briella when she's here.

"It's beautiful, thanks mom." I tell her as we get the next present that's wrapped and is for the baby. Brad opens it and reveals a box. I open up the box and unfold the blanket that's in it. It's light pink, hand made and has our last name, Pitt, written in the middle of it.

"Did you make this?" Brad asks her admiring it "It's so cool."

"I did." She says in a confident way. It hits me how excited she is for the baby. She has my brothers kids and she's already a great grandma to them so I know she'll be great with Briella. The three of us sit there talking and catching up on what we've missed in the past few years and I got what I wanted. Her and Brad get along great and I feel like I finally have my family back together.