Family outing

It's a holiday, and a nice day, so my parents decided that they're going to have a picnic and invited us and even Brad's parents. Bri is 4 months old so she can do more things now which means it's more fun taking her places.

"What are you making?" Brad asks as he walks in the kitchen probably hoping that it's breakfast. When he sees that it's cupcakes his eyes get huge and he goes to grab one, but I swat his hand away.

"They're for the picnic, not you."

"Fine, I'll just make my own food and you can't have any." He walks around the kitchen getting everything he needs and intentionally stands in my way for a few minutes.

I start to get a little annoyed because I need to have these done, but he doesn't budge "Seriously, Brad I still need to shower too. There's going to be plenty of food for you to eat there."

"Relax, babe. You go shower and I'll finish them."

"You finish them?" I stand there shocked and surprised "You mean you could actually do that?"

He looks at me trying to act hurt "I think I can manage making some cupcakes." I take his word and go upstairs to shower. I turn the water on and undress waiting for it to get warm enough and as soon as I step in the shower I hear the bathroom door open. It never fails.

"Hey, she's awake."

I stick my head out the door to see Bri looking around smiling "So, watch her. Just put her in her swing, she'll be okay until I'm done."

He finally leaves and I can finish showering. I let the hot water hit my back relaxing all my muscles as I work the shampoo through my hair. The kid in me draws my name out of the steam on the shower door whilst I'm waiting to wash out my conditioner and I laugh as I watch it slowly dissappear. I get out and wrap one of the warm fluffy towels around me only to hear Brad in our room doing something that makes Bri laugh.

"What's going on?" I ask him as I get dressed "She's really laughing." It's so cute, like a little giggle and belly laugh mixed.

"I'm just looking at her. I guess I have a funny face."

I walk out and pick her up off the bed where Brad has her laying and feed her before we all go downstairs and I see that the cupcakes are done. Maybe I shouldn't have doubted him. We pack everything me need up and I grab a bottle for Bri then we get in the car to leave. She gets upset and I sit up in my seat and rock her car seat back and forth a little to calm her down, and she ends up falling asleep.

We get to my dad's house and Brad gets Bri's car seat out of the car walking slowly so she stays asleep. I walk behind him carrying the cupcake trey and we walk around the house to the back yard where a few people are. Right now it's just our parents and a neighbor family who's eyes light up when they see us, but they still try to stay calm. I know who they are, but haven't seen them in forever and don't remember their names.

I put the cupcakes with the rest of the food and go over to the table to sit with Brad and the others "Where's Bri?"

"Sherry took her inside." Jane answers me "We didn't want to wake her."

I sit next to her in the open seat and look around watching everyone have fun. Both my brothers are now here and Alex is playing with my niece and the neighbors kids whilst the rest of us just sit around and talk. Brad is with my dad, William and my other brother and I'm with Sherry and Jane. I watch Brad noticing he doesn't take his eyes off of the kids playing knowing that he can't wait for Bri to be able to do that.

"So, how have you guys been?" Sherry asks me.

"Good, we haven't really been out in a while so this is really nice." I answer her and try to remember the last time we did something out of the house that was fun "I just hope we do more now that she's older."

"You will." Jane reassures me "Think about who you married, I'm surprised he hasn't driven you crazy wanting to get out yet."

"He's gone out to the company a few times to work on stuff."

Bri starts to cry inside loud enough that I can hear her so I go in to get her. Sherry put her in the living room in the play pen and even though she can't stand she tries to pull herself up when she sees me and starts to calm down. I pick her up and bounce her up and down in my arms a little until she gets completely quiet and lays her head on my shoulder. Her tears hit my shirt drenching that part of the sleeve until she finally stops, and I find a bottle from her bag and start to feed her. The milk starts to quickly disappear from the bottle letting me know that she was really hungry and I change her when she's done then take her out and sit with her at the table. I sit her on my lap and she tries to stay sitting up but keeps slouching and falling little by little. She squeals a little each time and I can't tell of she's having fun or just really doesn't like it.

Brad walks over to me and takes her from my arms then walks over to the pool and dips her feet in to see if she likes it. To everyone's surprise her face goes from unsure to excited and happy. She starts smiling and laughing so Brad puts her legs in up to her knees and she tries to move her feet a little. I walk over and sit next to her putting my legs in the water "I think she likes it."

"Obviously it's because I'm the one with her." He says sarcastically. We stay there watching Bri for a while and I play with my brother and niece throwing a pool ball back and forth with them until the food is ready.

"It's time to eat!" My dad yells as he moves all the plates over to the counter and we all go to get our food. I put Bri in her car seat at the table where Brad and I are sitting so we can both get our food. He is already at the dessert part and has one of the cupcakes he was trying to eat earlier. I go through the line getting all that I want then get a cupcake for Brad and some of the other dessert stuff that I want.

I move Bri's seat off my chair to the floor next to me and sit down handing Brad his cupcake "I knew you wanted more than one."

He happily takes it from me smiling "This is why I married you." He picks up Bri from her seat putting her on his lap and she starts moving her arms around looking over at me. I put my food down and lean over to pick her up "Why is it that every time I want to eat she wants me?" I say to Brad.

"Because that's how all kids are." Jane answers as her and William sit down across from us. "You should have left her in the car seat." She looks at Brad knowing he's the one that took her out.

"It looked like she wanted out." He tries to defend himself even though we all know that he's lying.

"Babe, we all know you're lying, but it's cute you always want her anyway." I tell him as I lean over and kiss him.

We stay at the picnic until it starts to get dark and then we all watch the fireworks go off. Bri is inside sleeping again and Brad and I are sitting next to each other. He puts his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder.