Chapter 15

"Legions of Icewings outside the city?  Just when we thought peace was possible." Riptide said, looking very disappointed.
"Well, if peace is what you want with no combat, can't you just send a messenger? Haven't you guys done that before?" Sandstorm asked
"Well, little Sandwing, no. Because no one here is willing to risk saying the wrong thing causing an all-out war."
The conversation was leading to a stalemate. Either fight the army right outside, or find a messenger brave enough to prevent the possible deaths of many dragons.
"If no one will go talk to them, I'll at least try" Storm said.
He wasn't sure what he'd say. He never negotiated before. He walked out of the house before anyone said anything.
Walking down the muddy streets, he wondered what was going to happen, when suddenly a small set of dragonets fell infront of him fighting, a Nightwing and an Icewing.
"Just go home you frozen pest!" the nightwing said
"We both know icewings are better than your dumb brainpower tribe, so you can just go back to your volcano" the icewing said hissing.
"Can't you two get along? So what? He's a nightwing?"
"He burned my fish," the little icewing squealed
"And then he ate it."
"She stole my history scroll, and tore it apart." The nightwing said accusingly.
Storm looked at them in dismay. The stories were that the two great tribes once fought for power and tales on revenge, and then they found peace, after the darkstalker crisis.
Not for this though.
"Look, icewings and nightwings didn't go in to a peace treaty for dragons like you to start petty fights and wars. Just get along"
"What evidence do you have that our tribes can even get along?" The little icewing asked, her eyes locked on him.
Storm unfurled his wing to show the black splotches on his wing membrane. A total contrast to the snow white color all over him.
"Me and my sister are living proof. Are you happy now?"
They stared with mixed looks.
"Now I have to go"