Chapter 17

The night had reached it's darkest. Storm knowing that he just killed a dragon with a thought. Not even a fair fight. But Polar would have destroyed everything that dragons worked so hard to achieve. So it wasn't that bad. Was it?
While he was telling himself there could have been another way, a darker side was saying deep in his mind, there was no other way, and you know it. You could have told that without a random vision. He would destroy everything good left in this world.
Winter was outside waiting.
"Your little sandwing was worried. Very worried. So was everyone else." He said, in a way that seemed understanding.
"Peace talks are time consuming. You ever done one?" Storm asked
"I was deemed dead before that happened, and then was claimed dead in a battle with superpowered nightwing at jade mountain, so no."
Winter had more to him than just that. Trying to read his expression was like looking in a room full of mirrors.
"I can't stay here for long. I can feel my grip slipping. I can't hold myself together forever." Storm said, breaking the silence.
"You used magic again didn't you?" Winter asked, dismayed.
"I thought something, and felt it turn into a spell, and it was to kill Polar, their leader"
"Well, when the time is right, then go. If you think you will risk any one here, then go the first form of a though you get."
If this was the only way to keep Sandstorm safe, than he would leave. Not tell any one where he was going. That could risk to much.
As he put his wing over Sandstorm, he started to think of- nothing. Nothing went through his mind. But he knew that wouldn't be the case forever. He ran out of the shack and took off into flight, towards Jade Mountain.