•Thirteen•

Word Count: 1000

Warnings: I don't think there's any curse words in this chapter, but probably some inappropriate jokes. Other than that, it's the usual.

Song for chapter 13 - None, enjoy silence for once. I don't know if anyone reads these while listening to the songs, but if you do you probably have a headache by now. Have a rest, child.

***

Skip forward to the next scenario, it was now lunch at school, so I made my way to the cafeteria. I'm guessing this is where the next choices should be made. With all this time travelling biz I'm starving, so I hope I get to eat something.

As I walked in, I got the food on my tray and looked around to find where to sit. I saw Greta, looking at me with an expectant glare. Then I looked at Richie, who was waving to come sit next to him and smiling like a precious golden retriever. Was this really an important choice? Well, when I grew up, 27 years later, my school reputation did not have any relevance. I walked over to Richie's table.

"Hey, Rich!" I greeted him as I sat down.

"On the topic of rich- What if I actually got rich one day?" Richie randomly asked.

"How are you planning on doing that?" I asked him, even though I knew he does in fact become pretty rich in the future. I just didn't want to blow my cover, because I've read way too many books and watched way too many movies to know that if I tell anyone I'm time travelling, reality would break.

"I dunno, maybe host a radio show with my voices-"

"Hey, wait, there's Alyssa. Should we invite her at our table?" I asked Richie as Alyssa had walked in the cafeteria.

"Well, I don't know. I'll be outnumbered to two girls." Richie smirked, I smacked him and waved over Alyssa. She noticed us and walked towards us. I quickly tried remembering what I had said back then, so it doesn't seem like I've known her for a longer time.

"Hey, Alyssa, this is my friend Richie. I thought you might want to sit with us. If you don't, that's completely fine." I greeted her.

"I'll sit with you." She told me and sat down next to me. Richie was opposite us. Alyssa didn't make eye contact with anyone as she ate her food.

"So...why'd you move here?" Richie asked her, trying to make conversation.

"That's not a matter I'd like to talk about with people who I met just recently." Alyssa got defensive.

"Uh...maybe then what's your favorite color?" I cautiously asked. Richie snorted and I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"What're you snickering about?" I asked him.

"That's the most awkward question I've ever heard." He explained with a goofy grin on his face. Alyssa cracked a little smile.

"What do you do for fun?" I asked Alyssa.

"Oh, I uh- I like to sing and act." She replied.

"Do you have a preferred music genre?" I asked again.

"Yeah, I like classical calm music." She responded. After that, we spoke once in a while (it was just Richie making shit jokes), but it was mostly silence.

***

"I-I'm trying to find our next lesson." She told me, I held in my smile.

"Nobody uses these stairs anymore and they aren't even the way to Biology." I explained to her. She blushed in embarrassment. Should I show her the way? Maybe getting too close with her was what made her attracted to me and I already welcomed her at our table.

I'm not going to show her the way this time. I hope this is the right choice, because it's not like I can go back and change it again.

"Uh, sorry, bud. Can't help ya, gotta find out for yourself." I told her and watched as her shoulders slumped, and a little bit of despair filled her eyes. I felt bad, but it had to be done.

...did it?

"I-I'm trying to find our next lesson." She told me, I held in my smi-

What? Didn't I just go through with this?

"You got to find the class for yourself, sorry."

"I-I'm trying to find our next lesson." She told me, I he-

Again? Why doesn't it let me proceed.

"I-I'm trying to find our next lesson." She to-

Maybe it wants me to choose the other option? But what good will that do? Wasn't the point of going back to this to change something?

"Yeah, sure, I'll lead the way, sorry, Rich." I stood up and went to help her get to the next lesson.

"THAT'S THE SECOND TIME TODAY!"

***

It faded to black and I wondered what was next. Did I make more mistakes somewhere in my teens? Probably. It was the quarry. I jumped in the water, pretending to drown. Alyssa saves me.

"Look, I like you...more than a friend." This moment frightened me back then.

"What? But you're a girl." Really inconsiderate for me to say.

-

"I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way. Can we still be friends?" I pleaded.

"After that?" She scoffed at me.

"Yeah, just because I rejected you doesn't give you the right to be petty about it. I have no problem with you being gay, I just simply don't feel any romantic feelings for you. And I don't want to lose you, a friend. I don't have many friends that I can be this close to, like you, Alyssa." I explained, hoping she really wouldn't be angry about this.

"I have to go home..." She muttered after a bit of silence.

"Wha- Alyssa!" I tried going after her.

***

"I thought about it and...I value our friendship. I don't want to lose you too. I guess you can't help who you're attracted to." She suddenly said. I assumed this was the next day in school.

"I'm glad you accept someone like me as a friend. If you were anyone else, they'd probably never get over the fact they got rejected." I expressed my gratitude.

"Alright, alright, boot licker. Let's go to class." She laughed, grabbed me by the hand and led me to class.

You don't have to get her out of your life entirely, you just have to be honest.

***

Good lesson. You can still stay friends with someone who you rejected when they asked you out. Anyway, the next chapter is probably going to be only about Richie and his relationship with Y/N. Hopefully, at least one person is enjoying this book. What is your opinion on onions?