•Seventeen/Halloween special•

Word Count: 1028

Warnings: Extreme gore, a small bit of cursing, major character death, loved ones dying.

Song for chapter 17 - "Killing Me Softly With His Song" by Fugees.

***

Your wish is my command.

~

"Is everyone here?" The red haired female asked her best friend.

"Richie and Y/N didn't make it. They said they had scheduled work." The best friend replied. The redhead, who's name was Beverly, was visibly upset.

"...buuut other than that everyone is here. Should we start the ceremony?"

"I suppose so..."

"Alright, I'll get everyone into spots and then I'll come to lead you to the altar." Her best friend smiled and put a hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner. The best friend then went off to find the others and get them into their places.

Beverly sighed, her hands started shaking. She had a bad feeling about this. Why? She couldn't put her finger on it, but was sure that something bad was going to happen.

Indeed it did...

All the guests were sitting in their seats, the bride and the groom at the altar with the priest. The bride was holding a beautiful bouquet of roses. Red and white. Passion and innocence.

Everyone had smiles on their faces, except the few crying babies that were invited due to their parents not able to leave them at home. Beverly's best friend was sitting in the front row. A frowning person was right next to her, in the empty places that Y/N and Richie had left.

That frowning person was nobody other than Beverly's ex husband.

***

All the guests were sitting slumped in their seats, the bride and the groom on the altar's floor with the priest. Next to the bride's hand, finger tips touching it, was a beautiful bouquet of roses. Red and white. Hunger and a false image.

Everyone had crooked smiles on their faces, some had eyes wide open, some had their closed. The few crying babies that were invited due to their parents not able to leave them at home were sitting in their parents' lap, guts open up for display, as it would be seen in store window displays - clothes on mannequins, just like they are real people. Beverly's best friend was sitting in the front row with her eyeballs missing, the way her mouth and nose were positioned, looked like she was horrified seconds before her unfortunate fate. A person, with a Cheshire smile on their face, was right next to her, in the empty places that the lucky Y/N and Richie had left.

...or were they really that lucky?

***

"Hey, Richie? Bev doesn't seem to be picking up. I've been trying to call her for weeks now." The middle aged woman notified her husband about the alerting news.

"...Well, that's weird. She usually responds right away unless she's busy." The husband replied.

"She recently got married to Ben. Did she really go on the honey moon that fast? The last time I saw that was on some kind of basic vampire movie. It's not like they could just drop their work like that, they would have to plan it all ahead at first."

"Maybe they did plan it...? I mean, you know. A normal person would plan out both their wedding AND honeymoon at the same time. Unless, they had some urgent matters to attend to all of a sudden, which would ruin all their plans."

"I'll try calling her again tomorrow. I'm heading off to sleep now, join me once you're done with the game." The wife went to her room as the husband continued to play the video game he had been bought on his recent birthday by his wife. He really appreciated the little things his wife did, but he didn't think he was worth all of that.

Game Over.

The screen displayed as Richie had lost the game third time in a row. He decided that was enough for today, maybe it meant he had to put the game aside for now. He sighed and got up from the couch. He looked at the clock to find out it was already 2AM.

"Shit," He whispered. He hurriedly went to have a quick shower and then walked to the bedroom he and Y/N shared.

You gave up.

Richie yelled in horror at the sight on their bed. Y/N was laying there, lifeless, in her own (hopefully not someone else's or some thing's) dark red blood. It was even leaking off the bed. There was no way Y/N was alive anymore.

Richie hurried over to her body and clutched it like it was the only thing that mattered. He didn't care about all the blood getting on him (Eddie would), he just cried into her shoulder. He begged for her to wake up, hoping that this was some sort of prank. But when Y/N did not wake for a while, Richie knew she was dead. It had to be some sort of sick joke.

She couldn't have left him now. They had to leave this world together, grow old together. He did not want things to go like this. How did things even turn out like this? Richie contemplated on remembering something, but his memory was too fuzzy. Richie had broken down crying right as he found the body.

Your wish is my command.

Richie's lifeless body laid on Y/N's one. Instead of calling the police, like a normal person, he had taken his own life. His life was nothing without Y/N anyway, there was no purpose for it.

...or did he take his own life?

***

The smirking man made his way slowly over to the altar. Dragging his feet along the floor to smear it with dark red stains. It symbolized the path of death, which everyone had chose when interacting with him in the first place.

The man grabbed the bouquet from the dead red haired girl and went behind the altar, where an alive priest was supposed to be, but instead a dead priest was laid on the floor. He smiled to the audience and opened his mouth to say something. The sound of his mouth opening sounded like the man hadn't drank any water in the past few days in a desert.

"I promised I would never fail you."

***

Have a spoopy happy Halloween! Man, 2020 was scary enough for it to not be only one day Halloween.

I cannot believe this is the end. I will leave some things up for interpretation, but I may come back here to explain some unexplained things. I'm still unhappy with how the epilogue ended, but I'm glad to know at least someone enjoyed it.

As it is the last chapter, here comes forth the last random question. What meme or vine is your spirit animal?