7 - Ruby

RUBY

A soft moan slipped out of my lips. It gradually became louder as Liv's tongue just touched me in the right place.

I bit my bottom lips, but the wave of excitements couldn't be easily contained. Grasping the sheets, I finally let it all out, as the joy flowed down.

The gorgeous pale face arose between my legs, a smile of her glossy lips appeared on her face. She ascended to me and reached my lips to kiss. We shared a quite passionate kiss before she rested her head on my shoulder and hugged me.

"I miss you," she said, her hands wrapped around my bare body. "You've never returned my calls. You know I always need you."

The needy Olivia Edwards was both appalling and exhausting. I would only claim her sexy curves when I felt needy too, which I did now.

She played with my hair. "I like your new hair—although I like you better in lighter color."

"Thank you, Liv. I'm planning to dye it back," I replied, slowly moving, and eventually getting up, which surprised Liv. "I have to go."

"Now?" Liv sat on her bed. A disapproval was clearly pictured on her crooked eyebrows.

"I have... work to do," I muttered as I put on my clothes back.

"Ruby—" She almost raised her voice, but then only sighed in aggravation in the end. "You've always bailed on me after we have sex! Am I not good enough for you? Is that why you have yet to ask me to be your girlfriend? Because I want to!"

I brought myself to sit on the edge of the bed. Here we go again.

"It's not that, Liv..." I sighed. "I have so much to think about right now. The last few weeks have been so hard for me, I can't just... focus solely on you."

Liv pouted, but she quickly hugged me from behind. "You know you can tell me anything. You can ask for my help," she said. "I can't stay away from you for too long."

"Hey," I turned around and stroke Liv's cheek. "I will work my problems out, and then I promise to reach out to you."

"Okay," Liv smiled. "Oh, and... Did you move out of your current house? Because I went there and no one was around."

I gulped. It was because both Neil and I were at the cabin. But I couldn't let Olivia to know it, could I?

"Neil and I have been so busy, you know. Sometimes we barely go home," I mumbled, and thankfully, she bought it.

Liv put on a silk robe and escorted me to her door. I gave her a light kiss, but she returned with a more heated one, as if she didn't want to let me go. In the end, I had to push her slightly to end it.

I accelerated my car and hoped to arrive at the cabin before Neil's afternoon shift at a construction site started so that someone could watch over Chloe. I drove for 2 hours to Liv's apartment to satisfy her needs, and while I'd like to stay longer, I had to avoid the public.

The news about Chloe Sanders' kidnapping already spread fast. They put Lila Decker as one of the suspects because I hadn't gone to school after she went missing. Luckily, the photo I sent along my application would be different with my real appearance, because not only I would return to my natural hair color back, I would also cut my long hair a bit short.

"Getting a makeover?" commented Neil as he walked past the bathroom.

"Unlike you, I have my pictures all over the country," I said as I tidied up the tools. "I have to get a makeover for that makeover."

Neil chuckled. "That's why you shouldn't have gone anywhere. Can't live without Liv even for a night, I see."

"Shut up," I fended off his tease. "Liv went to our house and asked questions. Maybe we should get a turn to check the house. It would be suspicious if it's always empty."

"Alright, but I prefer you staying longer here," said Neil. He snatched his car key. "I'm going to work. Don't forget to feed the girl."

I widened my eyes and turned around. "You haven't given her breakfast?"

"You said yourself that she scared of me. I'm trying to help her too, you know, just in case I get reminded on how she's just basically a girl version of her father."

I scoffed. After Neil left, I brought Chloe some leftover sandwiches. I slowly took off the cloth that prevented her from making a noise and the rope that tied her.

"Are you okay with sandwich?" I asked.

"I didn't have other choice, did I?" She responded weakly.

She still had a gut to make a sarcastic comment. Maybe it was her way to cope with fear, but I felt like she couldn't even blink when Neil was around.

With her shaking hands, she reached the sandwich and bit it carefully. When I decided to sit down in front of her, her mouth stopped moving.

"Are we scaring you?" I gently asked.

Taking a long time to respond, she finally nodded. "Your brother scares me more."

I giggled. "That makes two of us."

Chloe tried to smile in the light of the joke, but she quickly took another bite.

"You don't have to," I said, trying to put her at ease. "All of this will be over soon after your father wires us the money. You trust him, right?"

"Yes," she replied, "which is why I didn't believe that he did a malpractice."

I was stunned.

"Contrary to what you believe, I still stand by his side," she said hesitantly. "But if he really did... I am sorry."

What is this feeling? I was speechless for a moment. My heart wrenched and my stomach twisted. It was weird that I didn't feel any rage inside—but there was a bit of a sympathy instead.

Chloe was genuinely apologizing. Her face showed a guilt, as if she was the one responsible for her own kidnapping.

And it grew a guilt in my own heart.

"Olivia is calling," Chloe said suddenly. "Your phone."

I didn't realize that I put my phone on the floor that Chloe could see the screen. I quickly grabbed it and rejected it.

"A friend?" She asked.

"That's none of your business," I replied, but I didn't want her to see the sudden change of my expression. "Are you done eating?"

She nodded. She didn't fight when I tied her back.

"Thank you," she whispered before I covered her mouth, "for sitting with me."

The edge of my lips raised. "Anytime."