Epilogue

"Chloe Jane Sanders, I'm in love with you and I will find a way to see you."

A smile bloomed on Chloe's lips between our kiss. Her skin glowed up, with a shade of red in her cheek, when I said that. It was both cute and hot, because it was contrasted with the yellow dress she wore.

"You're such a tease, Ruby Cortese," she replied in a far sexier voice, prompting me to catch her bottom lips again.

"You don't know my middle name?" I giggled.

"Is it 'Rose'?" She guessed.

"No!" I laughed. "Elena. It means a shining light."

Chloe's eyes sparked. "Ruby Elena Cortese," she whispered. "It suits you."

Our fingers intertwined. Our lips met again—which would be a fourth time Chloe distracted me from shooing her out of the hotel room. We made out on the edge of the bed, and then after we put our clothes on, and then on the way to the door, and now, she pinned me to the door, pulling my hand away from the knob.

"You don't want to make Alyssa wait," I interrupted. "Sooner or later, she's going to start asking questions why her girlfriend keep missing after dinner."

Chloe pouted. "It's my last night in Venice. I just want to spend more time with you."

"Didn't you hear what I said? I will see you again, Chloe," I said.

Chloe hugged me tightly. "I hate pretending to be Alyssa's girlfriend to please my parents."

"One positive thing is that they finally accepted who you are and wanted nothing but the best for you," I explained. "Maybe they think you'd be happy with her."

"But, I'm happier with you," she cried.

"Chloe," I stroked her red cheek. "I promise to find you again. Even if I have to use a different name or wear another disguise, I will risk it all for you."

She smiled. "And I promise to wait for you," she whispered, and then rested her head on my chest, relishing the moment before we parted.

--- THE END ---